Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Transferring kodi from Apple TV 4 to a new Apple TV 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have kodi sideloaded in 1 Apple TV 4
Now I have 2others appletv 4k. That I sideloaded kodi to. But it’s a hassle trying to download stuff.( add-ons) Again.
Is there anyway I can just transfer everything from the old Apple TV 4 to the new ones. Without going through all that process.

Thx god bless
You could try simply copying the .kodi folder onto the TV4 box. But without the guisettings.xml file, which has specific settings of the device it is installed on.
Installing addons fresh can also get rid of older, no longer used settings. Call it a spring cleaning.
Xcode has a way to backup and restore settings for sideloaded apps
So do u know steps or I just have to google it Thank u always
Itunes -> apps -> kodi ... there you have the shared files which you could export and import to the new device aswell.
Save container of the app in Xcode then copy that container to the new devices app from Xcode.
(2018-02-12, 04:31)kavy Wrote: [ -> ]Save container of the app in Xcode then copy that container to the new devices app from Xcode.

I m just confused about this step if anyone can explain it well.

Sorry was away never got to fallow
God bless u all
(2018-07-23, 21:15)Japgeisha Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-12, 04:31)kavy Wrote: [ -> ]Save container of the app in Xcode then copy that container to the new devices app from Xcode.

God bless u all

In the Xcode devices window you will see your installed development apps. If you select and app there will be a settings gear on the bottom and this allows your to either save the container (files from the app as well as settings) or replace the container. It’s the same window you use to remove or install development apps that are already signed.
(2018-07-24, 17:27)kavy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-23, 21:15)Japgeisha Wrote: [ -> ]

God bless u all  

In the Xcode devices window you will see your installed development apps. If you select and app there will be a settings gear on the bottom and this allows your to either save the container (files from the app as well as settings) or replace the container. It’s the same window you use to remove or install development apps that are already signed.  
kavy i thank u so much for keeping up with me and taking time to answer my question.

I'm still lost Smile    

let say i side loaded kodi  in apple tv 4   with the assigned name x1

then i go to my apple tv and add all add-ons and stuff i like in it . 

so now i have 2nd apple tv 4   i sideloaded kodi in it  assigned name x2

now how to get all the setting of kodi with add-ons that programed from x1 to x2?

first i have to copy all kodi files setting from x1 

i went to Xcode i choose the project x1   open and could not see any option giving to transfer  copy or anything 

I'm good in side loading but not great in tech much .     if u got pictures of steps maybe i can do it .

when i open Xcode i only see on my right side the assigned names like x1   x2    ect
^
In Xcode there is a devices menu.

When you open Xcode on the top menu bar there is a section listed as "window" then in there there is a "devices & Simulators" option. From there you can add development apps, provisioning profiles, and copy or replace containers to those development apps; in addition this is where you view logs and set up devices for debugging. By selecting the device and then the app you are able to click on the gear and copy or replace the applications container (settings and configuration files). This is how you would copy your existing settings and configurations.