Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi crashes immediately when starting a video on a Fire TV - since nightly 20180203
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fixed in kodi-20180313-01fa6a4d-master. Thanks for the great job!

Kodi crashes immediately when starting a video on a Fire TV

Problem is to exist since:
kodi-20180203-f5f683e8-master

Last working version was:
kodi-20180201-f621a026-master

Kodi.log (Debug)
https://pastebin.com/L0W5K6Nd

Logcat:
https://pastebin.com/4AbK6RZQ

Device:
Fire TV 2nd Gen arm64-v8a
no idea?
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
@Karellen sorry, banned repository is removed now and I updated debug log and logcat!
Clueless on why Kodi would crash on a "pthread_mutex_lock".

Does it crash the same with arm32?
Exactly the same for me on a HiMedia Q10 box with Android 7.0. All builds of Kodi 18 after "kodi-20180201-f621a026-master" crash when I try to play a video, music video or music!

BUT ...  all new builds of Kodi 18 work perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy Tag S3
Are you using profiles or a customized Player factory xml?
Thanks Koying, you got it Cool !

I was using a profile on the HiMedia Q10 box (where Kodi was crashing) but I was NOT using a profile on the Samsung Tab S3 (where Kodi was working)!

I've now switched the profile off and installed last night's Kodi 18 build on the HiMedia Q10 and it's now working again. Excellent!

Are profiles no longer used on Kodi 18Huh
Yes, it's the same with me because I also use profiles!

I found the reason, but not the explanation.

This line in the profiles.xml causes a crash every time a video is played:
Code:
<useloginscreen>true</useloginscreen>

If you turn off the login screen, it works without any problems:
Code:
<useloginscreen>false</useloginscreen>

Perhaps it has something to do with:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13443
Profiles are still supported, but @garbear recently did some cleanup regarding singletons, which quite obviously leads to those crashes.
(2018-02-15, 16:13)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Clueless on why Kodi would crash on a "pthread_mutex_lock".

Does it crash the same with arm32?
 yes, it's the same crash with arm32 Sad
We are aware of the issue, but a fix has not been found yet. 
For the time being you might consider rolling back to a previous nightly.

Thanks for reporting the issue with the nightly builds.
(2018-02-17, 10:35)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]We are aware of the issue, but a fix has not been found yet. 
For the time being you might consider rolling back to a previous nightly.

Thanks for reporting the issue with the nightly builds.
Thanks for the info. I can't use an older version of Nightly Build, because in these versions the freezes were not fixed at exiting Kodi, so I hope that a fix will be found soon. I assume that profiles with the login screen are used by many other users as well.
(2018-02-17, 14:40)rainman74 Wrote: [ -> ]I assume that profiles with the login screen are used by many other users as well.

i highly doubt that
(2018-02-17, 14:47)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-17, 14:40)rainman74 Wrote: [ -> ] assume that profiles with the login screen are used by many other users as well.

i highly doubt that    
You don't have any kids, do you? Wink
Pages: 1 2