Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio offset won't save on Apple TV 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi 17.6 on Apple TV 4... when I change the audio offset (or any other audio settings) during playback and scroll down and select "Set as default for all media" my settings are not being saved.  Once I leave the current video and start a new one, all audio settings are reset to default.  This forces me to change the audio offset manually for every single video.

This functionality works fine on my Mac.  Is there something that prevents Kodi from being able to write the settings permanently on Apple TV, or do you think this is a bug?
It can be a bug, on new hardware. Opening a ticket on Kodi's bug tracker is recommended. Smile

For now, with a bit more effort, you could try to set the default offset in the advancedsettings.xml file at the latency tag.
(2018-02-10, 21:32)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]It can be a bug, on new hardware. Opening a ticket on Kodi's bug tracker is recommended. Smile

For now, with a bit more effort, you could try to set the default offset in the advancedsettings.xml file at the latency tag.
 Thanks for the suggestion, but Apple TV doesn't seem to allow copying files.  I saved an advancedsettings.xml file on my Mac running SMB.  Then I went into Kodi File Manager and tried to copy the file into the Profile folder, but nothing happened.  No error, and the file doesn't appear in the Profile folder.  I started a video to check the offset, but it's still at the default 0.

Any other ideas on how to set the audio offset globally on Apple TV?
(2018-02-10, 23:36)eengert Wrote: [ -> ]but nothing happened.
Double-check the kodi.log file. If there is a typo or other error in that file, it won't load.
1. wrong forum
2. appletv4 and its tvos is special - it only allows of 500KB of persistant storage. We invented a special hack to allow to save xml files. Thats why you don‘t see those in the file manager. Its should be there though. (You should be able to verify by looking in the log file and see if it loads the advancedsettings.xml.
3. this very restriction from apple might mess with the audio offset settings aswell.
Thread moved to iOS to fix point one.
No issues seen on others, must be a 17.6 issue.  If there is an issue saving the settings, it will get logged. Where is your log ?
(2018-02-11, 19:54)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]1. wrong forum
2. appletv4 and its tvos is special - it only allows of 500KB of persistant storage. We invented a special hack to allow to save xml files. Thats why you don‘t see those in the file manager. Its should be there though. (You should be able to verify by looking in the log file and see if it loads the advancedsettings.xml.
3. this very restriction from apple might mess with the audio offset settings aswell.

2) is fixed in MrMC 3.5.0. xxx.xml files are now visible and can be copied in and out.
saving the audio offset and defaulting it to all media works for me here with latest test build for appletv4.