Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI passthrough in kodi v17.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, in first time, sorry for my english, i'm french  Angel
But i need your help..

I have a problem with passthrough in kodi v17.6
I cannot change the output passthrough device. 
The output passthrough device still greyed out on the S/PDIF output device. But i need to change this on the HDMI output device.

I'm connecting on a Yamaha receiver, but i don't want use S/PDIF output device because she doesn't support HD Audio. And i want play my HD Movies in the Straight mode like DTS-HDMA etc etc 

I have disabled sync playback to display, selected the output audio device to HDMI, activated Passthrough mode, but output passthrough device still greyed out to the S/PDIF output.

Kodi v17.6
NAS AS6102T
Yamaha RX-V583 Receiver

Any solutions ?

Best regards
We cannot help you without a Debug Log ... in case you missed the obvious: https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio
Hello. Faced the problem of sound output via HDMI. There is: htpc (linux mint 18.3, audio - asus hdav 1.3 slim, video - integrted inte hd4600, kodi v.18 nightly), yamaha rx-a1020. I can not output the sound of DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD. The receiver always displays PCM. Pulseaudio removed, installed alsa-utils. I read many forums and topics, but I can not get results. Tell me where to go
aplay
kodi.log
Is there any reason you need to use this: Xonar HDAV 1.3 slim ?

Also, for what I see on the log the HDMI seems to be connected directly to your TV:15:37:44.338 T:140353718286080 NOTICE: m_displayNameExtra: PHL Philips FTV on HDMI #1

@fritsch might tell me, that I'm wrong, but I would recommend to unplug the soundcard and use the onboard HDMI and plug that directly to your amp. My guess is, that this seems to be used as an output device and probably you might have some driver problems.

But that's ofc only a guess.
I use an external sound card because the quality of the sound than through the built-in. In Linux, I'm new, I can make mistakes in its need. If the difference between for the receiver does not exist from which sound card to receive bitstream, then I will disconnect it
for bitstreaming/passthrough there is no difference. Both output the same bits Smile
removing asus xonar - my problem solved) now I'm very happ to see DTS HD MSTR on receiver)) Thanks thanks thanks!