Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Subtitles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
Im downloading subtitles from opensubtitles.org addon & saving them to a custom folder on the network share

My problem is when i download a subtitle it always download as "file.en.srt" so when i download another subtitle for a nother movie the old subtitle get replaced with the new one coz the file name is the same.. how can i fix this

Using kodi 17.6 with updated addon.
Tyied other subtitle downloaders as well but the broblem remains the same
Just store them "next to the video". There is a setting for it under: settings->player->language->Download services->Subtitle storage location

It would be best if you have separated folders for your movies. So it will store the subtitles inside that folder next to the video and nothing will be overwritten anymore.
Thats not working too. It doesn't put the file inside the playing movies folder.. but it puts it inside the shared directory
Ok found the solution i was loading my library via plex server before then what i did was load the movies via samba & now the subtitles get saved in side the movies folder with the exact name as the file
Do u have any idea y this wont work with plex
That is a question for the Plex forums.