Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buffering issues with 25p content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I have been experiencing an issue, where if I playback content, in 720p 25p, while connected to wireless, I experience buffering issues every minute. If I playback content, in 720p 24P, there is no buffering whatsoever. I did some troubleshooting, and found that this occurred, while my Intel NUC, was connected to the 5GHZ band. When I switched to the 2.4GHZ band, there was no buffering, but then I do experience buffering, if I try to play back a 1080p video, in 24p.

I am a little confusued, as I would have thought that the 5GHZ band, would be able to handle the 720P 25p file fine, as it can handle other video in different frame rates, with no issues. Does anyone know why this could be occurring? Its a little annoying to have to switch between wireless bands, everytime I want to watch a video file.
I sincerely doubt that there is a connection between wifi band and screen refresh rate.
5GHz wifi may yield better throughput but higher frequencies are more susceptible to being blocked by walls, usually resulting in shorter range. The 2.4 GHz Band might be more crowded on the other hand. There's not much advice here except real world testing.

As for your buffering issues, you should check whether your device is capable of refresh autoswitching. If not, you need to set your graphics card to a refresh rate that is as close to the source material as possible. 25 fps are PAL sources (usually DVD), almost everything else these days is 23.9fps.

If you're on windows you can also try FPS detect (see the WIKI for advanced settings).
@HeresJohnny 

Thank you for your response. While it does seem highly doubtful that there is a connection between wifi band and screen refresh rate, this is something that I have legitimately witnessed, while performing some testing. I should also mention, that I am using Libreelec, and not Kodi for Windows.

I am now starting to question, whether this could be related to Libreelec, as I don't believe I ever had this issue on the Windows version of Kodi.
If you use samba, try NFS first, please