Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 3rd generation iPad running iOS 9.3.5 can I download Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just like the subject line says I have a 3rd generation iPad running iOS 9.3.5. I've tried following the steps on the wiki link and it doesn't seem to be working. I wanted to download Kodi onto my iPad because I'm not a fan of the way Plex looks and wanted to check out Plex for Kodi on my iPad.
At which step did it fail?
Sorry about that the step I get hung up on is installing Cydia. Basically step one.
Are you jailbroken? Cydia should be installed with the jailbreak. Actually, the wiki may be outdated, as IIRC Cydia doesn't have a recent version of Kodi available anyway. You're going to want to follow the instructions in this thread here instead. --> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978
That hasn‘t to do anything with kodi then to begin with. Not sure which iOS version you have installed but are you sure there is even a cydia version available for it? Back at the times when I do jailbreak my Devices - cydia just came with the jailbreak itself and was installed automatically...
So I was able to do some more looking and it looks like my iPad is too old to jailbreak and use for Kodi. Sounds like iOS 9.3.5 doesn't play well with Cydia or the fact I have a 32 bit iPad means I can't.
Might not be the best reference source, but Reddit claims that an iPad3 on 9.3.5 is jailbreakable with Phoenix.

My iPhone6 and iPadmini2 are both stuck on 9.3.3, so I have no experience with this particular jailbreak. Kodi 16.1 works great on both of my devices though!
Ok so I can't jailbreak my iPad with Cydia or Phoenix, BUT I hadn't noticed there was a 4th option and that was to use Cydia impactor and that worked. Now to figure out how to add my movies like I did with my Nvidia shield. I always forget what I did when it comes to this point.
So watching movies right from my computer to my iPad over wifi sucks, not sure if it's an smb issue or because I'm trying to watch bluray quality movies. The video stutters like crazy. But once I was able to get Plex for Kodi working videos ran smooth with no issues.