Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi addons do not install correctly on tvOS 10.2.2 jailbreak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
When jailbroken using Greeng0blin jailbreak for tvOS 10.2.2, addons refuse to install and launch correctly. When you're not in a jailbroken state, addons install and launch perfectly fine.

Here is the error log - https://pastebin.com/ABQqLink (Sorry for the long log, I couldn't figure out how to clear the log on the web interface)
Which addon did you try to install im that log?
pretty much all popular video addons do not work when jailbroken using g0blin 10.2.2 jailbreak even YouTube dosent work I’m wondering cause YouTube dosent work which most addons use possibly this could be screwing with installation off Addons or stopping them from even opening in a jailbroken state so bassically in jailbroken state you can’t use kodi or is it cause YouTube dosent work on 10.2.2 and addons rely on it who no’s hopefully someone with a big brain 🧠 can fix this lol 😂
In the log, I was attempting to install Backup. The same applies to most addons I've tried such as YouTube and installing skins. I believe with skins it was skin helper that gave me an error
The addon was installed successfully, but it can't be used on tvos as some functions are not allowed there.
What do you mean by some functions aren't allowed there?

As mentioned before, Kodi runs perfectly fine when not in a jailbroken state. I can install and restore a backup just fine unless jailbroken. For some reason, the jailbreak prevents this from working
No 1 seem to cares for tvOS I just wana no if this a kodi problem or a @nitotv’s problem cause what’s the point having a jailbroken Apple TV if kodi can’t run addons on it i
Depending on type of jailbreak, the jailbreak can alter the iOS sandbox conditions. This can change where and how app userdata is located and accessed. There was code in iOS platform that detected if was jailbroken and altered the paths. Either a) tvOS does not do the detect and change or b) the detect and change code needs to be updated.

Despite the reason, there are no kodi devs about that care about tvOS enough or have the time to investigate this.
Mhhh - not even sure what to answer on that ...
That's a shame I must admit. Jailbreak dev said he doesn't have the time or patience to debug Kodi and if there isn't a dev here who will, then I guess Kodi on a tvOS jailbreak is pretty much dead.
This is actually so stupid anyone no a ligit site that gives you kodi for a year for tvOS with updates you can pay for then as the jaikbreak is useless without kodi why else would you jb a Apple TV unless things like tweaks come in the future
I have no appletv which I can jailbreak because it’s tvOS version is to new. Further I have no idea how the jailbreak would lead to the problem.
You can be frustrated as much as you want but should also consider the fact that this problem is nothing I have introduced on purpose ...
I fully understand, luckily it still works if you side load it, it just means you have to keep signing every 7 days unless you pay for a developer account. Also, 10.2.2 is still being signed so if anybody wanted to downgrade to test it, you can do so easily by restoring from the IPSW
Well i downgraded to tvos 10.2.2 now and jailbroke it (wasn't aware that its still signed). Problem is - i can't even install my own built kodi version. The packages from nitotv are somehow altered to work with jailbroken devices and i have no idea what hi did to make that work. Neither nitoHelper nore appinst are working/existing so i simply can't install my own version to debug it.
You could contact @nitoTV on Twitter, he's willing to help out
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5