Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17 UI freezes for few seconds after deleting or stopping playback of recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My setup involves a Windows 8.1 WMC box running ServerWMC. It has about 2400 recordings. Kodi v17 is running on other Windows10 PCs, and they all show this same behavior. The issue is also not specific to a particular skin.

Whenever I stop playback of a recording, specially after watching it for more than 20-25 seconds, the Kodi UI on the client PC is unresponsive for few seconds. It's almost like the entire Recordings list gets reloaded again, and in an execution thread which blocks the UI refresh. Same thing happens, if I delete a recording in Kodi client (which eventually deletes the file on the server). After hitting the delete option, I have three to four seconds where the UI is available. Interestingly if I delete a file, and quickly start playback of another recording, then the video playback immediately starts, and the file is deleted in the background, without any issues. Playback OSD during that time remains fully responsive.

If I reduce the number of recordings to a sane amount Smile (100-200 or so), then the UI pauses become much smaller. My network is close to 250-300 mb/sec and I have no issues at all (with FF/REW) during playbacks, live TV viewing etc.

Has anyone run into these issues and is it expected ?

I remember reading somewhere that in Kodi 18, the PVR/LiveTV component has removed some of these dependencies from UI screen refresh logic. If true, it'd be a very welcome addition.
Debug log?
Thanks. I'll get Kodi and ServerWMC logs shortly.