Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need help please and some knowledge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just learned what an add-on is and which ones are "illegal". 
How and where do I get a Kodi download for my Fire stick that doesNOT have these problems. 
I do not want to be booted from this Forum for any sort of violations, because I need education on how to get the correct things.

​​​​I purchased my Firestick from commercial retailer blank.

​​​​​Having issues and would like to uninstall Kodi 17.6, clear data and cache and reinstall. Can someone advise me how to proceed. Ty.
Hello Damon731

You can search for add-ons in the Kodi Official Repository here... https://kodi.tv/addons

Kodi approved add-ons are also available from this forum by perusing the Add-ons section... https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27

If you are scouring the internet for interesting stuff, for your own safety and to receive support here, you need to stay away from the following...
1. Anything that is named a Wizard
2. Anything that is named a Build
3. Anything that offers you free movies and tv shows, which you would normally have to pay for (eg new release movies)

There are also questionable add-ons that will perform actions on your system that you have not approved, nor aware of.

Hope that helps
Let me first stay welcome to the forum.

If you want to clean your Fire Stick of the Kodi version you have installed all you have to do is uninstall it, that will delete everything including the userdata folder where add-ons are installed.

Though, if you bought your stick from a second hand retailer, I would suggest a factory reset of your device.

To download Kodi you just need to click on the "Download" link at the top of this forum.  For your stick you'll want the Android ARM32bit version.

As for getting "booted", you don't have to worry about that as that's saved for those special people that tend not to learn after being repeatedly told that they have banned add-ons installed and that they'll get no help here, or those that are abusive.  We don't expect users to know everything and know that they'll make mistakes, which will usually just cause your post to end up in the Garbage bin.

I would suggest that you have a look through the Wiki (wiki), lots of good info there.  But if you have questions or need help feel free to ask.