Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Speaking of Extended Info @jurialmunkey , do you think its time to consider just getting rid of that functionality considering the plugin (last I knew) is not being developed any more and using it as is is excruciatingly slow?
@jurialmunkey ,
I am finishing my PVR/Big Font Mod of Aura.
Should i make a complete skin available here or just the modded files that can be used to replace original Aura files?
Thanks
Strange problem...
When i startup kodi with aura skin the widget categories don't display.
After i press cursor up widget display.

ImageImage
(2019-02-26, 04:25)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-26, 01:13)Nekromantik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-26, 00:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]There's a refresh button in the top menu of the info dialog 
Yeah on mine only buttons are a trakt button for some reason and then a spanner which does nothing.
Here is a pic:
That's the extended info addon. I'm guessing you have force extended info turned on - you need to turn that option off so that you can access the normal video info dialog 
 AAAH ok thanks
Anyone else experiencing wrong characters in subtitles? I use Dutch subtitles which are flawless and without wrong characters in notepad. for example 'één' is displayed wrong.
The éé is replaced by an Asian character or sometimes just a box.

Could this be an Aura issue?
(2019-02-26, 18:02)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of Extended Info @jurialmunkey , do you think its time to consider just getting rid of that functionality considering the plugin (last I knew) is not being developed any more and using it as is is excruciatingly slow?
It works fine for me and I don't find it that slow. Plus there's no reason you have to use it - the skin only opens extended info if you click on one of the movie lists it provides in the info dialog.

I find the actor info it provides to be extremely useful.
(2019-02-26, 18:27)mxlance Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey ,
I am finishing my PVR/Big Font Mod of Aura.
Should i make a complete skin available here or just the modded files that can be used to replace original Aura files?
Thanks
I think it is better if you provide the full skin as a separate addon with a different addon id. That way users can easily revert back if they want. Start a new thread in this forum with it in and then make a post here with a link to the thread.
(2019-02-26, 19:09)Zpower Wrote: [ -> ]Strange problem...
When i startup kodi with aura skin the widget categories don't display.
After i press cursor up widget display.

ImageImage
Yeah Ive known about this one for a while, but I still have no idea why it is happening.
(2019-02-26, 19:53)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else experiencing wrong characters in subtitles? I use Dutch subtitles which are flawless and without wrong characters in notepad. for example 'één' is displayed wrong.
The éé is replaced by an Asian character or sometimes just a box.

Could this be an Aura issue?
Does it happen in Estuary?
(2019-02-26, 22:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-26, 18:02)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of Extended Info @jurialmunkey , do you think its time to consider just getting rid of that functionality considering the plugin (last I knew) is not being developed any more and using it as is is excruciatingly slow?
It works fine for me and I don't find it that slow. Plus there's no reason you have to use it - the skin only opens extended info if you click on one of the movie lists it provides in the info dialog.

Really? I just assumed the poor performance was due to it not being supported anymore. Sometime it can take a full minute before any Extended Info related content will display once selected.
(2019-02-27, 00:14)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-26, 22:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

Really? I just assumed the poor performance was due to it not being supported anymore. Sometime it can take a full minute before any Extended Info related content will display once selected.

I just did a test with an actor I've never looked up before and it took 3 seconds to load. It's possible that there is API throttling going on at peak times, but I rarely ever have a load time of more than a few seconds.

It's not in active development, but everything still works fine for me (barring the play/resume buttons, but they've always been finicky).
in dialogvideoinfo I am trying to display original title if available.

I re-purposed one of the rows, but regardless of what I do it displays the title even if it matches the title on the top. Tried this copy paste from another skin but didnt work:

<visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.OriginalTitle) + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.OriginalTitle,ListItem.Title)</visible>
Hi @jurialmunkey,
1. Do you think it's possible to add Rotten Tomatoes ratings info in info dialog for Series?
2. Is it possible to provide an option to display language codes (FR, EN, JP...) for audio/subtitles tracks in info dialogs instead of colored country flags? I like it minimalist Smile
Hi @jurialmunkey .. is there an option to show a watched marker indicator/tick over a poster in widget? On the widget there is no way to tell if the movie has been watched. Titan had this option and would overlay the movie poster in widget with a check indicator.
(2019-02-27, 21:02)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]in dialogvideoinfo I am trying to display original title if available.

I re-purposed one of the rows, but regardless of what I do it displays the title even if it matches the title on the top. Tried this copy paste from another skin but didnt work:

<visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.OriginalTitle) + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.OriginalTitle,ListItem.Title)</visible>

What's your actual code and what line are you repurposing?