Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-03-03, 13:23)Purge Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to create a menu point which point to the Internet Archive Game Launcher Addon ?
I haven't figured out how to do it.
 Yes, it's possible. I didn't have this addon installed, but I installed it to test it.
Go to Games -> Game Add-ons and find the addon, add it to Kodi's favorites from context menu.
Then go to skin settings, in customise home menu.
In "choose item for menu" select it from favorites.
Then remove it from Kodi's favorites.
It worked for me.
(2019-03-03, 13:00)djoole Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I need to extract the XBT file and rename some PNGs? But I don't have windows at home and can't seem to find an XBT tool for mac/android.
Would a kind soul having Windows dropbox me the extracted file? So that I rename the PNGs, send it back, to get the XBT file repacked Smile 

I uploaded it to mediafire though

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q2ic5qr6a0...orizon.zip
(2019-03-03, 14:54)olympus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-03, 13:00)djoole Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I need to extract the XBT file and rename some PNGs? But I don't have windows at home and can't seem to find an XBT tool for mac/android.
Would a kind soul having Windows dropbox me the extracted file? So that I rename the PNGs, send it back, to get the XBT file repacked Smile 

I uploaded it to mediafire though

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q2ic5qr6a0...orizon.zip 
Thanks a lot @olympus !
(2019-03-03, 13:51)strubdog Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to create a new art type for the banners view. I have a number of custom made banner images I want to use.

Thanks
Add them as "banner" (without quotes) should work.
(2019-03-03, 11:31)CC330 Wrote: [ -> ]Just to update: Sadly I had to go back to the default Kodi interface Sad 

After spending most of yesterday setting up the skin to behave and look how I wanted I completely overlooked the fact that I hadn't tried playing any media with it (I did try playing some music and that all works fantastically)

I think the issue stems from the ExtendedInfo script because when clicking media information while watching something everything grinds to a halt, navigating through the actor info/etc is almost impossible due to long it takes to populate. Annoyingly the main problem however is when returning back to the media and resuming it, for the ongoing duration it starts lagging pretty, pretty bad. I assume because the script is still doing something in the background.. I gave it a good 30 minutes but it never cleared up, by which time Kodi ended up crashing as well. IIRC the last thing I did with the skin was adding the API in the 1st post to get more ratings and adding the genre pack icons, not sure if it was to do with this as hadn't tried playing any media before hand.

Lastly... The OSD media controls could do with some work to make it feel less bland. For example not having the top left Movie/TV logos anymore is quite a big deal for me when you get used to always seeing it there (I think this is provided by Emby but works fine with the default skin). Some guys in the posts above mine have figured out how to implement it already I think! so probably not a huge amount of work needed. Just copying a few more finer details from the default Estuary skin for the OSD media playback would make a HUGE difference to the overall experience. Such as having the clock and the time the media ends at the top right as well.

Hopefully this comes across as positive criticism. I still appreciate the time and work spent on this skin very much. It obviously must be pretty great as I have never stuck with any other skin for more than 5 minutes! I will probably come back to this skin at some point and definitely keep an eye on the thread anyway but for now the default skin just 'works'.

My main setup consists of a Amazon FTV gen 2 & a Synology DS218+ running Emby as the media server on a wired gigabit connection

If you have issues with extendedinfo then don't use it.

You can see info about now playing movie by pressing "info" on your remote (i on keyboard) - this includes time and finish time. You can also see plot info etc by pressing up from osd controls.

There is an option in skin settings to enable clearart on the osd.
(2019-03-03, 13:23)Purge Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Great work, almost everything is working flawless.

Is there a way to create a menu point which point to the Internet Archive Game Launcher Addon ?
I haven't figured out how to do it.

And the Netflix Widgets don't work right. When is set the widget everything is fine. But after a reboot, the widgets are gone .
I think on boot the netflix service is not ready. Is there a way to delay the system start and wait for netflix service ?
Re widgets - you could try reloading the skin from the power menu. There's no way for me to know whether a service has started or not.
(2019-02-26, 18:27)mxlance Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey ,
I am finishing my PVR/Big Font Mod of Aura.
Should i make a complete skin available here or just the modded files that can be used to replace original Aura files?
Thanks
 Hi Mxlance, have you made these changes available yet? I would love to add it into my skin Smile
@jurialmunkey,

First, let me say that I'm VERY picky and I want to do what I want to do with a skin.  I've tried them all.  This skin is hands down, THE...BEST skin out there - and that includes Aeon MQ8 which just released Ver 2.80 which I spent a day fussing with to finally decide that it just doesn't have the horsepower that Aura does (sorry MQ8 lovers, it's beautiful but just falls short).  My second fav is Arctic Zephyr, it's fantastic but is slower than Aura on a Firestick 4K (using the Arctic Zephyr Mod version of the skin). 

In Aura, the one thing that I can't seem to figure out how to do (and looking at the code, it may not be presently possible) is to set the overlay transparency to 100%.  In other words, I don't want an overlay.  I've tried turning off the Background Overlay but there's still some overlay.  It makes me feel like I'm looking through a haze.  I see the settings for Increased and Reduced in the skin but there's no None setting. 
I can see that the overlay goes away completely when Category Widgets is deselected.  Once that's done, the overlay is removed and the image is clear.  That's what I want but with the category widgets.

What's the best way to remove all overlay so that the full background comes through?

Dan
@jurialmunkey,

I was able to kluge the overlay to transparent by setting the opacity to 00 in colors/defaults.xml. 

Dan
Hi @jurialmunkey, it's me, bothering you again Big Grin

I have BRD rip in my collection, movies stored in a folder Movie Name (year) (bluray)/BDMV
These movies should get the media flag "bluray", but in Aura they get the flag "web".
Hey, me again Smile

Would it be possible to put the "saga" flag in the upper left corner of posters in poster wall view? At the moment it's in the upper right corner and it's hidden by the watched flag
I tend to use the search feature to find the movie I’m going to watch, is there a way to get the search icon as a widget or perhaps global search as a home menu option?
(2019-03-05, 03:05)Jonatron Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to use the search feature to find the movie I’m going to watch, is there a way to get the search icon as a widget or perhaps global search as a home menu option?
 Settings > Skin Settings > Customise home menu

From there you can add a Main Menu link to Global Search Add-on or add a Submenu/Categories Widget to Global Search Add-on.
Im using aura leia, Just to report that aura maybe have a bug, when I select to add animated artwork, it's not showing preview of the posters. And a recommendation if you could add collections in info mode as a selection from the skin settings and add a option to be able to chose separate from fanart and posters in animated artwork. Thank you for your hard work, best skin ever..
I have clicked to play trailers in videowindow screen but for some reason they play in full screen with a blue square box. Can you please fix it. Thanks

EDIT:I fixed it Smile