Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jurialmunkey,

Not sure you recall, but in the Horizon thread you told me how to blur with poster. Why is it that with poster I get a coloured blur but with fanart i can see the fanart figures just blured?

See the attached picture:

https://imgur.com/a/I4w4S

I also noticed that when I switch skins and come back to aura, the popup box you added in dialogvideoinfo to select local library or extendedinfo doesnt work.
@Edworld - the poster has smaller horizontal resolution so needs to be scaled up to fill the screen, so basically you are seeing a zoomed in part of the image. You will need to tweak the advanced blur settings to lower the blur radius (increase quality in blur settings will also work as it increases resolution).

Not sure why the pop up menu is not working, will look into it.
HI. Thanks for the skin is brilliant, easy navigation and very visual.
But, i don't know in Kodi Android version is slow compared with Estuary default skin. I mean, the GUI navigation is slow.
When you chnage to Aura skin, the transition between homescreen and TVShow is 1-2 sec lag. And if you enter to i.e movies/tvshow section there's a lag of 3-4 sec.
In Estuary there isn't any lag.
It is normal for all non-default skin? 
Your skin is brilliant and in 4K tv is superb...but 

DO you know how i can increase GUI navigation speed? (i have disabled all animation and color changing)

(Android 7.0 SonyTV)
@atomizasser - I don't experience lag and since many of the skin optimisations I made a while ago, I get fairly similar cpu usage to Estuary.
Compressing the media folder into a Textures.xbt will help - if you don't know how to do this yourself, then you will have to wait for the official repo version.
The only other way to improve performance is to get a more powerful device.
@jurialmunkey

it's only a small matter but would it be possible to autohide the sidebar if all the tv episodes can be displayed at one time. if there is no need to scroll down.

Thanks
(2018-03-17, 10:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@atomizasser - I don't experience lag and since many of the skin optimisations I made a while ago, I get fairly similar cpu usage to Estuary.
Compressing the media folder into a Textures.xbt will help - if you don't know how to do this yourself, then you will have to wait for the official repo version.
The only other way to improve performance is to get a more powerful device.
 Thanks for the advice. I've compressed media to Texture.xbt and the speed has incressed considerably. Thanks.

I have a question: it is possible to edit categories widget? I like the small icons for categories widget. I've edit Library node editor from Estuary but if i add as Widget in Aura the icons are big.

Regards.
@Blurayx - Fixed Smile

@atomizasser - Yes, you can edit the categories widget. It displays the submenu items. You can edit those in the home customisation screen
Skin Settings > Home > Customise home menu > Submenu
@jurialmunkey 

Thank was quick!!!  Big Grin

Thanks
A couple minor things...these aren't priorities but thought I'd go ahead and mention them.

Landscape widgets like Recently Added Episodes appear to use the same diffuse texture as poster widgets, making the corners not quite round (see screenshot).

Also, the Settings widget isn't centered on the screen, looks like it could use an extra 10-12px on the left.
(2018-03-17, 17:48)braz Wrote: [ -> ]A couple minor things...these aren't priorities but thought I'd go ahead and mention them.

Landscape widgets like Recently Added Episodes appear to use the same diffuse texture as poster widgets, making the corners not quite round (see screenshot).

Also, the Settings widget isn't centered on the screen, looks like it could use an extra 10-12px on the left.
Hi braz

I'm also pointing out minor things too. But jurialmunkey is fixing them really quick. I have a feeling it maybe coming out of alpha soon  Wink

Don't you think it's his best work to date?  Smile
@Blurayx Yeah, it's becoming my favorite skin, using it over my own now...

@jurialmunkey Would you be interested in using the studio icons addon shown below? I started it last year but never finished, have 300+ logos so far. Will try to finish it if you're interested. By the way, really like how you implemented my country maps addon.

@Silki - Not really. I was just speculating really. Interesting that (fuse)neue doesn't do it. I guess it is probably related to the size of the gradient dim in the corner. Can you test latest git and see if it makes a difference? I've changed the style a little bit and the texture used behind is much smaller. Also, these types of things will be reduced a bit when the skin is on the repo and has a compressed Textures.xbt file.
RE: The dim on home. Are you talking about when you scroll down the widgets, or when you scroll across the menu horizontally? I tried to make the widget dim as subtle as possible, but it is quite difficult to get the sweet spot without it taking forever (scrolling down is not so much a problem, but scrolling back up is).

I havnt tried your GIT yet but took out the din png for volume and there is no slow down whats so ever so must be that.

Its the horizontal nav on the home not the widgets . . just get an obvious dim coming in and out when you move right to left or left to right . . re added the menu from scratch and its ok now . . catches or something maybe ?
can someone help me out in this?

I can't find the widget "all TV channels" so I can't add the tvchannels as widget :/

here are some prints..

@braz @Blurayx - Yes, please point out minor things. Also, thanks guys! Glad you are liking the skin Big Grin

@braz -
Not sure how I missed the settings widget misalignment. Should be fixed now. I knew about the landscape widget one. Was just being a bit lazy fixing it because I had been considering changing the size of landscape to fit 4 across (but it didn't really work out as well as I would like, so I've tabled that idea for now).
Those studio icons are fantastic. Yes, I will definitely include them in the skin when you get them finished! Big Grin
Also, your country maps are great! I saw them in the repo when I was browsing through the image resource addons and really wanted to find a way to incorporate them somehow.

@Silki - Please try latest git. There was a typo in the dim code for home screen, so it wasn't showing in all the cases where it should. Should be fixed now. Hopefully the fade in is less obvious now too.

@attackkkkkk - Add-ons > Video Add-ons > Skin Helper Widgets > PVR >
Jurialmunkey:

Maybe it is by design, but the viewed check mark on focused is green while the others are gray