Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A feature that I used a lot on the Titan skin was being able to set a default home screen position so no matter where I was when I start delving down into my video library, when I return to the home screen the menu item of my choosing is automatically selected. IE if I’m exploring my movie library, when I return home, my TV library is automatically selected.
(2018-03-11, 05:41)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey 

KODI 18

Not urgent. just letting you know when you start working on Aura for kodi 18

4K HDR: Missing text, icons are displayed without background, no seek bar appears when using FF/RW. No issues using the Estuary default skin

@ jurialmunkey

Kodi 18
When you have time, can you please remember to look at the menu bar and alphabet strip issues.

Thanks
*Removed*
FYI, here's a cutoff label (on the favorites dialog). Thanks!

Feel free to disregard, but if you'd like to use this icon for movie sets, I've linked to it below...

https://i.imgur.com/lwie6jr.png
@baz1 
I like the icon for movie sets  Smile
In case you overlooked that part, have you considered using just the release year instead of full date? As I had mentioned the release date could be added in the Information section of Dialog window.

Feel free to disregard, Sir. Its just an opinion which I think would fit the minimal look of the skin.
And Sir, I have noticed one weird thing. Sometimes when I pause the video, whether a movie or Tv show, the ratings do not show up immediately. In some cases, it takes at most 1 minute even for the IMDb rating to show up.
Don't know if this is a skin request or a kodi request. But this is something I think all skins is lacking. When you click a movie, it should not default to playing the movie, it should default to show info for the movie, with a button "Play movie" or just "Play". It could be an option anyway? Smile If you have a rpi with a microsoft MCE remote and lots of buttons, it's not a big issue. But if you have an Nvidia Shield remote, and not many buttons, this could help a lot. It would also feel more natural when you jump from netflix to kodi.

Eminence have been my main skin for a very long time, and I really love this new skin, thank you!
You can already do that in the main kodi settings. Just have to change the default click to show information.
(2018-03-19, 09:25)joeyd2424 Wrote: [ -> ]You can already do that in the main kodi settings. Just have to change the default click to show information.
 You're right. But that doesnt happen for tv shows. Only for movies and episodes.
Ah, thanks. Didn't know that! Smile Now I just want to disable it for show, as it's not needed in that area. Is that also doable?
@Hardax - Can you try latest git and see if that puts the season/episode in default format for PVR info on fullscreen? I can't test as I don't have a working PVR.
The default menu position has been added. Skin Settings > Force default menu position (kodi starts position numbers at 0, so subtract one for the position you want).

@Blurayx - Alphabet strip is a skin helper issue, so you will have to wait until @marcelveldt returns.
The 4k issue is going to be hard for me to test as I don't have a device capable of outputting 4k (I have a 4k tv, but my video card in the htpc only does 1080p). I will try to look into it, but I can't promise much.

@braz - thanks for the sets icon. Added. Favourites should be fixed now.

@VikkiXavier - switched to Year only for movies.
The time it takes for the ratings on fullscreenvideo I can't do much about - it's a skin helper issue.

@butchjr - not really possible afaik.
jurialmunkey,

"@Silki - Please try latest git. There was a typo in the dim code for home screen, so it wasn't showing in all the cases where it should. Should be fixed now. Hopefully the fade in is less obvious now too."

The Volume slowdown is now sorted with that GIT, all seems responsive now, do notice an empty screen some times but a reload of the skin solves that assume this may improve on final release ...

Have to say its a such a good skin does 99% everything anyone would ever want .... have to drop 1% as nothings ever perfect!!!

Well done Sir!

Just looking forward to Global-search being skins but I think thats it for me then.
(2018-03-20, 01:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@Hardax - Can you try latest git and see if that puts the season/episode in default format for PVR info on fullscreen? I can't test as I don't have a working PVR.
The default menu position has been added. Skin Settings > Force default menu position (kodi starts position numbers at 0, so subtract one for the position you want).
That did the trick @jurialmunkey.

I know you don't have PVR on your end but is there any way for the progress indicator to show when you are time shifting when watching live TV? Not sure if you know what I mean but on something like a TIVO you can look at the progress bar and it shows that you are not watching in real time, it indicates that you are watching back in the buffer.

I remember seeing discussion of this somewhere else in the forums so that might be a general Kodi request and not skin specific though.

Thanks again! This is turning into my all time favorite skin!