Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Jurialmunkey, 

Awesome skin, now that you've added Leia support I've jumped on the testing wagon and have really fallen for this skin. Great work!

Couple of things I've found after installing it yesterday,

1. Cannot select the 'record' button on the live tv OSD
2. Current time & end time are equal on the PVR OSD
3. OSD music missing control button: There's no option in the settings icon to change the visualisation presets/settings. You can enable/disable and choose your visualisation but you cannot change the visualisation settings.
4. 'Automatically open visualisation after starting a song' causes PVR OSD issues. It's treating PVR as an audio stream... Lyrics addon is called and the OSD info panel etc is missing.
5. When in Recorings section of PVR, the info dialog of a recording needs to show a Play button, instead of "OK". If the user has settings set so that when selecting a video file the "info" dialog is displayed first the only option they are presented with is "OK".
6. Can you please show the 'disk' info in the Recordings window, this show the used/remaining space left on the recording path.

Request, 

Since this skin is highly geared toward leveraging the benefits of widgets... Can I request a new 'PVR landscape' widget layout that can be selected in the widget settings along side 'Poster/square/landscape'. This layout would be identical to the landscape layout, but would show ListItem.Title - ListItem.Label
I've done this with my mod of your arctic zephyr... it allows the widget to display the Channel name along with the Show's tittle.

The reason for this is that for PVR widgets (as there aren't many if any) I like to use the 'skinhelper' script that allows me to display fanart images for it's PVR widgets which I relabel to "Airing Now" and sort 'random'... Problem is, you can't always tell what the show is just by seeing the fanart or thumb image that's being displayed... So the text properly identifies the channel and show tittle.
Unless you can come up with a condition that detects the it's a PVR widget and displays the 'label' when needed.

Also,
Can I request that line 541, the "fallback" param in 'Includes_Object.xml' be changed to SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Thumb instead of 'fanart'.
Reason, you can use the Skinhelper metadata and artwork script to use google to find fallback images for thumbnails if the primary script fails. Problem is, they're saved as the "thumb" image and not "fanart" so instead of displaying nothing, this will allow your skin to display either the channel logo, a google image or the fanart of a particular show. 
These images and settings can be manually changed from the context menu "Artwork option" if desired by the user.

Cheers,
Keep up the great work.
(2018-03-24, 17:44)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-24, 02:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-24, 01:54)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]One more small tweak? Can you add the show name as well? Situation came up tonight that although my wife could see that she was watching “S01E03 - Beach Hideaway” on HGTV she couldn’t tell what series it was exactly without having to go back to the program guide.

Can you test latest git and see if it fixes things? PVR uses weird non-standard info labels so it can be hard to tell.

That didnt do it unfortunately. What I am seeing now is the same main headline with season/episode - description but no show title. What is new I believe is there is now the season/episode info in a smaller font below the main headline that wasn’t there before I don’t think?

See attached.

Okay, the pic helps a lot - I think I know what is happening. Let's try again! Can you try latest git. Hopefully I've got it this time Wink
(2018-03-24, 22:10)braz Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey Noticed that the title and now playing info can overlap in the music library...

Should be fixed now.
Jurialmunkey:

In extendedinfo, if you select a movie in your collection, can you add the play button?
@jurialmunkey Can confirm overlapping labels are fixed, thanks!

I wanted to add a compilations submenu item to music, but didn't find an icon for it. There's one linked below if you'd like to use it.

https://i.imgur.com/qW4NzHj.png
I'm also seeing this overlap in Channel window: 
It's random, not always like this. If I leave the window and re enter it's displayed normally... If I scroll the list a bit it becomes overlapped again.
Minor navigation issue, not a big deal but kind of confuses me everytime it happens, haha.

If you are on the home screen and arrow down to one of the widgets, press tab to go to the music viz, then press backspace to go back home, the focus is set to the main menu but the widget position is still as it was before. My reflex is to push up to go back to the main menu, but it's already selected so pushing up doesn't do anything. Have to push down to send focus back to the widget, then arrow back up to return the widgets to their default position.

Hope this makes sense, not sure if there's an easy fix for this.
(2018-03-24, 23:15)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurialmunkey, 

Awesome skin, now that you've added Leia support I've jumped on the testing wagon and have really fallen for this skin. Great work!

3. OSD music missing control button: There's no option in the settings icon to change the visualisation presets/settings. You can enable/disable and choose your visualisation but you cannot change the visualisation settings.
4. 'Automatically open visualisation after starting a song' causes PVR OSD issues. It's treating PVR as an audio stream... Lyrics addon is called and the OSD info panel etc is missing.
5. When in Recorings section of PVR, the info dialog of a recording needs to show a Play button, instead of "OK". If the user has settings set so that when selecting a video file the "info" dialog is displayed first the only option they are presented with is "OK".
6. Can you please show the 'disk' info in the Recordings window, this show the used/remaining space left on the recording path.

Request, 

Since this skin is highly geared toward leveraging the benefits of widgets... Can I request a new 'PVR landscape' widget layout that can be selected in the widget settings along side 'Poster/square/landscape'. This layout would be identical to the landscape layout, but would show ListItem.Title - ListItem.Label
I've done this with my mod of your arctic zephyr... it allows the widget to display the Channel name along with the Show's tittle.

The reason for this is that for PVR widgets (as there aren't many if any) I like to use the 'skinhelper' script that allows me to display fanart images for it's PVR widgets which I relabel to "Airing Now" and sort 'random'... Problem is, you can't always tell what the show is just by seeing the fanart or thumb image that's being displayed... So the text properly identifies the channel and show tittle.
Unless you can come up with a condition that detects the it's a PVR widget and displays the 'label' when needed.

Also,
Can I request that line 541, the "fallback" param in 'Includes_Object.xml' be changed to SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Thumb instead of 'fanart'.
Reason, you can use the Skinhelper metadata and artwork script to use google to find fallback images for thumbnails if the primary script fails. Problem is, they're saved as the "thumb" image and not "fanart" so instead of displaying nothing, this will allow your skin to display either the channel logo, a google image or the fanart of a particular show. 
These images and settings can be manually changed from the context menu "Artwork option" if desired by the user.

Cheers,
Keep up the great work.

Thanks! Glad you like it Big Grin

1. There were some changes to the PVR commands and labels in Leia. Should be fixed now.
2. Can you test with latest and see if end time is working properly now. Otherwise it sounds like an issue with your PVR backend/addon
3. The presets button never worked for me on LibreELEC and so I assumed it didn't work anymore. I will look into it.
4. This setting really has nothing to do with this at all. You can see what it does by looking at Custom_1115_AutoVis.xml - I can't see any reason why it would interfere with PVR. The skin doesn't "treat" anything as an audio stream - the relationship is the other way around: your PVR addon is telling Kodi that it is an audio stream. All the skin does is tell Kodi to check whether the Player.HasAudio boolean is set, and if so, after being idle for a second it will call the fullscreen command. The only place the skin calls the lyrics addon is if you specifically press the lyrics button in the OSD. Otherwise, it is the lyrics addon running as a service and launching itself. This suggests to me a PVR addon bug.
5. Should be fixed now
6. Will do, just have to figure out where I can fit it.

RE: PVR Widgets
I've added a bunch of PVR widgets to the "Defaults Widgets > PVR" section.
If you can use these instead of skin helper, this allows me to check if ListItem.ChannelName is set and use that (skin helper doesn't set it).
You should be able to do most things with the default widgets. Though I've just realised that you might want to use skin helper for artwork - I will look into a way to check the widget type (as it does get set to pvr - just need to figure out a sane way to check it).
If you want to show a specific pvr group of channels, just set a custom item for the widget with the following path:
Code:
pvr://channels/tv/GROUP NAME

RE: fallback image -- I don't actually like doing this because it will use a massive logo of the channel if there is no other artwork - I have no control over what aspect the image being filled will be (and no way to check and adjust accordingly) and so non-landscape images and images with transparent backgrounds (like channel logos) will look bad as they will be scaled to fit the space.
(2018-03-25, 01:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-24, 23:15)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurialmunkey, 

Request, 

Also,

Cheers,
Keep up the great work.

Thanks! Glad you like it Big Grin

1. There were some changes to the PVR commands and labels in Leia. Should be fixed now.
2. Can you test with latest and see if end time is working properly now. Otherwise it sounds like an issue with your PVR backend/addon
3. The presets button never worked for me on LibreELEC and so I assumed it didn't work anymore. I will look into it.
4. This setting really has nothing to do with this at all. You can see what it does by looking at Custom_1115_AutoVis.xml - I can't see any reason why it would interfere with PVR. The skin doesn't "treat" anything as an audio stream - the relationship is the other way around: your PVR addon is telling Kodi that it is an audio stream. All the skin does is tell Kodi to check whether the Player.HasAudio boolean is set, and if so, after being idle for a second it will call the fullscreen command. The only place the skin calls the lyrics addon is if you specifically press the lyrics button in the OSD. Otherwise, it is the lyrics addon running as a service and launching itself. This suggests to me a PVR addon bug.
5. Should be fixed now
6. Will do, just have to figure out where I can fit it.

RE: PVR Widgets
I've added a bunch of PVR widgets to the "Defaults Widgets > PVR" section.
If you can use these instead of skin helper, this allows me to check if ListItem.ChannelName is set and use that (skin helper doesn't set it).
You should be able to do most things with the default widgets. Though I've just realised that you might want to use skin helper for artwork - I will look into a way to check the widget type (as it does get set to pvr - just need to figure out a sane way to check it).
If you want to show a specific pvr group of channels, just set a custom item for the widget with the following path:
Code:
pvr://channels/tv/GROUP NAME

RE: fallback image -- I don't actually like doing this because it will use a massive logo of the channel if there is no other artwork - I have no control over what aspect the image being filled will be (and no way to check and adjust accordingly) and so non-landscape images and images with transparent backgrounds (like channel logos) will look bad as they will be scaled to fit the space.  
Awesome, geez you work fast.

Regarding widgets, like you said, I like to use the Skinhelper PVR widget for the artwork.
It appears that Skinhelper uses "listitem.property(channelname)" instead of info. See here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2120042
I've adjusted the line of code you added and now I have this working just fine with Skinhelper widgets. So if you can add this line of code that would be awesome! Smile
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(ChannelName))">$INFO[ListItem.Label]$INFO[ListItem.Label2, - ,]</value>

I'll look at the other stuff shortly and report back. Cheers.

#EDIT: 
1. Record button now works.
2. Current/end time now working
3. preset button definitely works, just need to add it. 
4. I'll investigate further, guess I never really thought about it but TVheadend on Rpi now does transcoding, I was playing with it the other day and maybe its sending funny stream info to kodi. Maybe not, but it could be just a nightly bug also.
5. Working... perhaps change the order... play first, ok second? no biggy though.
6. Great! Smile

Re: Fallback image (thumb) I know what you mean, the "massive" thumbnail is annoying. I wish skinhelper just set the google images to something other than "thumb" that way there wouldn't be an issue.

I can always modify this myself... Just gets annoying while your still constantly updating the skin is all. But that's just me being lazy hehe.

Awesome work mate. I'll report if I find more.
(2018-03-25, 00:13)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Jurialmunkey:

In extendedinfo, if you select a movie in your collection, can you add the play button?

The play button in extendedinfo doesn't work (at least for me). Also, extendedinfo doesn't seem to pass the FileNameandPath so I can't even do it manually.
Any chance you could add a way to 're order' the widgets once they've been set?
I'm finding myself creating widgets then changing my mind on the row order, would make things easier instead of having to delete and redo.
@loggio - Make sure that the text overlapping the image in PVR is not because you have changed the fallback. The code there has a bunch of convoluted hacks to get a few things to display correctly, so if you change anything it is likely not going to work properly. I really do need to revisit this code, but it is a real struggle when I don't have a PVR setup. My old place had absolutely no reception for tv channels (I was in a weird black spot of no reception in the inner west), but I moved a few months ago so I might be able to get some reception now (I haven't really even tried because I had to get foxtel at my old place and I'm still on a contract).
- switched order of play and ok.
- yeah the autovis issue might just be a nightly bug. Definitely wouldn't be a skin issue as the skin doesn't even control whether musicvisualisation or fullscreenvideo opens -- that is determined by Kodi.

@braz - Added the compilation icon.
Scroll issue should be fixed - the moving back to the main menu from the visualisation/fullscreenvideo was an artefact from Horizon. I've removed this code as it doesn't make as much sense in this skin, so now it should just take you back to where the focus was previously (i.e. onto the widget that was focused)
(2018-03-24, 15:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-24, 13:24)Arokhaerr Wrote: [ -> ]Damn jurialmunkey, i tried fuse neue, my reaction was kinda "meh", then tried horizon and was "wow" and now with aura im like "omgwowawesome!"

Your best skin out of those three imo, bravo!

The only thing im missing so far is a good vertical youtube view like you have in horizon. Wink

Thanks! Big Grin

Which vertical view are you talking about? Do you mean the one that is like a big list with thumbs on the left and info on the right and has three items at once? If you do, I am planning on adding something like this at some stage - was just thinking the other day that an episode type view like that was really missing. 
 Yeah exactly that view you described. It fits perfectly for youtube and for episodes. Big Grin
(2018-03-25, 02:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@loggio - Make sure that the text overlapping the image in PVR is not because you have changed the fallback. The code there has a bunch of convoluted hacks to get a few things to display correctly, so if you change anything it is likely not going to work properly. I really do need to revisit this code, but it is a real struggle when I don't have a PVR setup. My old place had absolutely no reception for tv channels (I was in a weird black spot of no reception in the inner west), but I moved a few months ago so I might be able to get some reception now (I haven't really even tried because I had to get foxtel at my old place and I'm still on a contract).
- switched order of play and ok.
- yeah the autovis issue might just be a nightly bug. Definitely wouldn't be a skin issue as the skin doesn't even control whether musicvisualisation or fullscreenvideo opens -- that is determined by Kodi.

@braz - Added the compilation icon.
Scroll issue should be fixed - the moving back to the main menu from the visualisation/fullscreenvideo was an artefact from Horizon. I've removed this code as it doesn't make as much sense in this skin, so now it should just take you back to where the focus was previously (i.e. onto the widget that was focused)
Yep, no worries... I'm guessing it's because I changed the fallback.... But even with the fallback changed to thumb, it happens randomly and not all the time. I will put up with it and see how you go once you have a chance to revisit. All good. If you need me to test out anything regarding PVR just shoot me a message, happy to help.

Thanks again.
(2018-03-25, 01:59)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance you could add a way to 're order' the widgets once they've been set?
I'm finding myself creating widgets then changing my mind on the row order, would make things easier instead of having to delete and redo.

Unfortunately, skinshortcuts only provides ways to reorder the actual menu and submenu items. Skinshortcuts doesn't provide a way to reorder or swap properties of an individual item (the widgets are set as properties of each menu item e.g. widgetPath.Widget1 widgetPath.Widget2 etc.). I can manually set the properties. However, I can only set one property at a time through skinshortcuts, when really I need to transfer seven properties simultaneously (widgetPath, widgetName, widgetTarget, widgetDirection, widgetSort, widgetType, widgetAspect). I could use AlarmClock to swap them sequentially, but it only provides 1 second increments so it would take 21 seconds to move one item! (have to move the properties of one widget slot to temporary properties, then move each property over to the new position, then move the temporary properties into the other position).

The only other solution I can think of is to set the widget properties to skin strings. However, this creates a problem where the widgets are no longer tied to the menu item, so if you move menu items around then everything will break. Both BobCratchet and marcelveldt haven't been around much lately (I'm pretty sure they are just busy with their personal lives), so it isn't really something I can request to be added currently either. I will probably look at eventually adding the functionality to skinshortcuts myself - but my python skills are very rusty, so this really is a matter of when I have enough free time to devote a decent amount of time to it.