Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-03-25, 02:28)Arokhaerr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-24, 15:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-24, 13:24)Arokhaerr Wrote: [ -> ]Damn jurialmunkey, i tried fuse neue, my reaction was kinda "meh", then tried horizon and was "wow" and now with aura im like "omgwowawesome!"

Your best skin out of those three imo, bravo!

The only thing im missing so far is a good vertical youtube view like you have in horizon. Wink

Thanks! Big Grin

Which vertical view are you talking about? Do you mean the one that is like a big list with thumbs on the left and info on the right and has three items at once? If you do, I am planning on adding something like this at some stage - was just thinking the other day that an episode type view like that was really missing. 
 Yeah exactly that view you described. It fits perfectly for youtube and for episodes. Big Grin

Added Smile

Hey,

Thank you for this beautiful skin.

I'm receiving a slew of errors after I restored the default menu items after switching from (fuse) neue to Aura, am I missing a dependency? I can supply DEBUG logs if needed.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/7TntMDtnfH/

Update: Second log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/6mdtQ2z6GD/

Update 2, those errors occur right after a restart:
Quote:06:24:13.505 T:4080185936 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
06:24:14.924 T:4080185936   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window infodialog
06:24:15.480 T:4080185936 WARNING: Label Formating: $VAR[WeatherFanArtSingleImage_Current] is not defined

Update 3:
Once I've added a weather provider, I was able to add certain main menu items again - before they just didn't appear. Still a lot of errors, though: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/gkCD4ghyFK/
Sir jurial, if you do not like my idea of putting IMDb rating beside the widget titles, could you atleast put top 250 # after the title ONLY for Top 250 movies/Top Rated TV shows widget - if possible - as I think it would fit in. Feel free to disregard Smile
(2018-03-25, 06:12)pannal Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

Thank you for this beautiful skin.

I'm receiving a slew of errors after I restored the default menu items after switching from (fuse) neue to Aura, am I missing a dependency? I can supply DEBUG logs if needed.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/7TntMDtnfH/

Update: Second log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/6mdtQ2z6GD/

Update 2, those errors occur right after a restart:
Quote:06:24:13.505 T:4080185936 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
06:24:14.924 T:4080185936   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window infodialog
06:24:15.480 T:4080185936 WARNING: Label Formating: $VAR[WeatherFanArtSingleImage_Current] is not defined

Update 3:
Once I've added a weather provider, I was able to add certain main menu items again - before they just didn't appear. Still a lot of errors, though: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/gkCD4ghyFK/

Please provide FULL Logs only. No Partial logs or snippets

What exactly is the issue that you are having? Or are you just pointing out that there are errors in your log?

Most (if not all) of those errors are unimportant. The skinshortcuts management dialog provides multiple ways of doing similar things. For example, control 311 is used to select an icon from a skin supplied list. Instead, I use control 306 which allows for browsing through the file system. Both buttons cannot be used together, so the Kodi error checking for add-ons will always report a missing control - it doesn't actually affect anything. Same thing for list 111 (I used button 401 instead).

The only error that is concerning is the python exception, but without a full log I can't really comment on what is going on. Screenshots of the issue will also be helpful.

$VAR[WeatherFanArtSingleImage_Current] is from Titan and has nothing to do with any of my skins.

If you are having issues with skinshortcuts, I suggest deleting both skinshortcuts and its settings folder in .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts and then reinstalling it. Occasionally the skinshortcuts addon_data folder can get messed up. Deleting it completely will restore skinshortcuts to its defaults and give you a fresh install.
(2018-03-25, 07:15)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]Sir jurial, if you do not like my idea of putting IMDb rating beside the widget titles, could you atleast put top 250 # after the title ONLY for Top 250 movies/Top Rated TV shows widget - if possible - as I think it would fit in. Feel free to disregard Smile

I'm a bit wary of adding any additional information on the home screen. I prefer to keep it clean and uncluttered. There is always the info dialog for seeing more details about a movie.

I will see if I can figure out a way to add the top 250 info *only* for the top 250 widget as that does make sense to show with it.
Forgot to mention this one earlier
https://imgur.com/a/uKiQH

Show tittle in OSD pvr is the same as plot.
(2018-03-25, 08:44)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot to mention this one earlier
https://imgur.com/a/uKiQH

Show tittle in OSD pvr is the same as plot.

Does the same happen when you press info on a channel in the EPG or channels list? If it does, then its definitely a backend issue.

The labels I use are EpgEventTitle and EpisodeName. If those are empty, I fallback to Title. One of those infolabels is being filled incorrectly by your backend.
My guess is that tvheadend is trying to extract the EpisodeName from the plot and failing miserably at it. It will be a setting in tvheadend.
I think it's just ass about on your OSD...
You can see in the images, osd is showing the title next to genre and the episode as the title... This approach is probably fine for tv shows, but Not so much live tv.
Never been an issue in other skins.

See images, comparing yours and estuary.
https://imgur.com/a/2gSte

Apologies for shitty pictures, my laptop died and all I have is my phone at the moment.
(2018-03-25, 07:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-25, 07:15)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]Sir jurial, if you do not like my idea of putting IMDb rating beside the widget titles, could you atleast put top 250 # after the title ONLY for Top 250 movies/Top Rated TV shows widget - if possible - as I think it would fit in. Feel free to disregard Smile

I'm a bit wary of adding any additional information on the home screen. I prefer to keep it clean and uncluttered. There is always the info dialog for seeing more details about a movie.

I will see if I can figure out a way to add the top 250 info *only* for the top 250 widget as that does make sense to show with it. 
 I agree with the first part. And thanks for considering my opinion about top 250 info.
(2018-03-25, 09:25)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's just ass about on your OSD...
You can see in the images, osd is showing the title next to genre and the episode as the title... This approach is probably fine for tv shows, but Not so much live tv.
Never been an issue in other skins.

See images, comparing yours and estuary.
https://imgur.com/a/2gSte

Apologies for shitty pictures, my laptop died and all I have is my phone at the moment.

Oh yeah that was intentional to keep it consistent with tvshows. But I agree with you, it really should be the other way around for PVR. Changed on latest git.
After Kodi loads, it takes about 6-7 seconds for the background blur effect to take place. Is it normal?
(2018-03-25, 12:07)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]After Kodi loads, it takes about 6-7 seconds for the background blur effect to take place. Is it normal?

Yes. There is a 5 second delay before the colorbox daemon is set. @badaas (colorbox dev) advised this to ensure that it loads correctly - I'm not sure of the technical details, however.
(2018-03-21, 23:37)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey could you also add season and episode info to the info pop up screen of regular local media? You did this per my request for the live tv section and just noticed that when playing locally stores media the info screen just shows the title. Season and episode number somewhere would be helpful.

@jurialmonkey did you notice my suggestion above? Seems like it should work this way for consistency sake but feel free to ignore if you just don’t want to implement it.

Update. Maybe it was just the show I was watching at the time or it got fixed in between my original request and now but it seems to be fixed. Note, not that it’s a big deal at all but it’s not in the same order as the PVR info pop up.

PVR = series name (bold headline) - season/episode# - episode name (small sub headline)

Library item = episode name (bold headline) - series name- season/episode# (small sub headline)
(2018-03-24, 23:21)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-24, 17:44)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-24, 02:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Can you test latest git and see if it fixes things? PVR uses weird non-standard info labels so it can be hard to tell.

That didnt do it unfortunately. What I am seeing now is the same main headline with season/episode - description but no show title. What is new I believe is there is now the season/episode info in a smaller font below the main headline that wasn’t there before I don’t think?

See attached.

Okay, the pic helps a lot - I think I know what is happening. Let's try again! Can you try latest git. Hopefully I've got it this time Wink

That’s fixed this!
(2018-03-25, 07:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-25, 06:12)pannal Wrote: [ -> ][...]
Please provide FULL Logs only. No Partial logs or snippets

What exactly is the issue that you are having? Or are you just pointing out that there are errors in your log?

Most (if not all) of those errors are unimportant. The skinshortcuts management dialog provides multiple ways of doing similar things. For example, control 311 is used to select an icon from a skin supplied list. Instead, I use control 306 which allows for browsing through the file system. Both buttons cannot be used together, so the Kodi error checking for add-ons will always report a missing control - it doesn't actually affect anything. Same thing for list 111 (I used button 401 instead).

The only error that is concerning is the python exception, but without a full log I can't really comment on what is going on. Screenshots of the issue will also be helpful.

$VAR[WeatherFanArtSingleImage_Current] is from Titan and has nothing to do with any of my skins.

If you are having issues with skinshortcuts, I suggest deleting both skinshortcuts and its settings folder in .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts and then reinstalling it. Occasionally the skinshortcuts addon_data folder can get messed up. Deleting it completely will restore skinshortcuts to its defaults and give you a fresh install.    
I'm sorry for only posting partial logs - I thought I was smart and those ERROR lines popped to me. I have no experience with Kodi skinning or any of the involved addons, as I've just recently switched from a native Plex client to OSMC with PlexKodiConnect, and am still learning all about this new world. I am very experienced in Python, though.
I should've known better not to try and make any assumptions about what I'm seeing in the logs. Those errors are clearly caught and expected exceptions, so no worries there.

The issue I had was that I couldn't add any shortcuts to the main menu and I couldn't figure out why. They were configured and showing in the shortcut editor screen, but the changes weren't reflected in the menu, even though the skinshortcuts got rebuilt every time I changed something.
Somehow that issue got resolved after configuring a weather provider. I'll monitor this and see whether the python error pops up again.

So far I love the simplicity of the user interaction with Aura, compared to (fuse) neue, for which I've created a couple of github issues - I guess you're not expecting those and are more focused on the forum threads?

And a little request for Aura: Would it be possible to add more landscape modes for widgets, something like Landscape-M and Landscape-S, where more items (4 and 5 in contrast to 3) could horizontally fit on the screen? Only having the last three TV shows in a landscape on-deck view on first glance feels a little weird.

Update: And another thing, in the first post you mention that the horizon genre icon pack is supported. I've installed that, but I can't find it under Aura's dependencies. Is that by design?

Thank you for all your work!