Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-04-17, 19:21)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-17, 18:52)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey 

I reverted back to Kodi 17 a few weeks ago.marcelveldt recently updated the repository. Do you know if the alphabet strip is still broken in Kodi 18?

Thanks
Alphabet strip working for me on Kodi 18 with my MOD.

I just tested your mod and it has exactly the same issue that all my skins have.
After selecting a letter, sometimes kodi will fail to jump to the correct letter and the alphabet strip focus will rapidly flash between 3 different letters.

EDIT: With the latest nightly, the issue doesn't happen as often but it still happens frequently enough to be a problem.
(2018-04-14, 05:30)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I can't reproduce that. Even when I queue video first, then music, I get the select dialog and can navigate to either playlist. I'm guessing using dbtype for artwork would work, would have to test it.

Edit: How are you queuing music? Almost sounds like it's not creating a music playlist. I was testing by hitting party mode, didn't test other methods of queuing music.

I queued music/video by bringing up the context menu and selecting Queue Item. I queued a couple of movies and then an album or two (and vice versa). I wonder if maybe there is a difference between Party Mode which would use a mixed content smart playlist and the now playing playlist...
(2018-04-18, 01:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-14, 05:30)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I can't reproduce that. Even when I queue video first, then music, I get the select dialog and can navigate to either playlist. I'm guessing using dbtype for artwork would work, would have to test it.

Edit: How are you queuing music? Almost sounds like it's not creating a music playlist. I was testing by hitting party mode, didn't test other methods of queuing music.

I queued music/video by bringing up the context menu and selecting Queue Item. I queued a couple of movies and then an album or two (and vice versa). I wonder if maybe there is a difference between Party Mode which would use a mixed content smart playlist and the now playing playlist...  
I just tested that method and the select dialog worked for me then too. Fresh launch of Kodi, played then stopped a video, then queued a song by clicking Queue Item from the context menu. When I click the playlist button in the top menu, I get the select dialog and can navigate to either playlist.

Edit: Just to make sure I was testing the same way, just tried it when queueing an album instead of a song, and I still get the select dialog.
(2018-04-14, 06:54)Nervosa Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey
Since you don't have time to add new features to Zephyr, I really want to make this my daily driver. Over the past week it has really grown on me.

One request I would like to see is the current time and ending time on a pause screen.

Submenus
While vertical menus would be nice, having them overlay on top of widgets wouldn't be very appealing.
Maybe make them so when you press up again it cycles through the menu rather then going back to the the main menu. (down would take you back to the main menu)

I have noticed if you have quite a few items in your menu ( more so, alot of text) they trail off of the screen behind the time.

A fix might be to have the items cycle, making the item in focus always first on the left. (can also have it cut off before the time so it's cleaner looking)

You can see current/end time by pressing your info button (i on keyboard) in fullscreenvideo.

I tried using up to cycle through the submenu, but I found it very disorientating. However, I've stopped up from returning back to the main menu. Instead, pressing up from the submenu will do a little "bump" animation to show that you can't go up further - only pressing down will return to the main menu.

Yeah the multiple items / long labels issue is a big problem, but I haven't found a solution yet. I have already tried fixing the focus position and having the other items cycle but it didn't really work that well (very disorientating). Plus it makes mouse navigation much more difficult. I'm trying to make sure the skin is as mouse friendly as possible (something which I haven't done with past skins!).
G'day @jurialmunkey

Hopefully not to much to ask.
Was wondering if It's possible to add a Info screen for Advanced Emulator Launcher games.

Quick mock up - https://imgur.com/OtlzaFq
(2018-04-18, 03:30)MitchZombie Wrote: [ -> ]G'day @jurialmunkey

Hopefully not to much to ask.
Was wondering if It's possible to add a Info screen for Advanced Emulator Launcher games.

Quick mock up - https://imgur.com/OtlzaFq

Are there other skins that do this so that I can have a look at how they do it?
Also, what happens currently when you press info in AEL?

Looking at your mockup, the biggest issue I can imagine is that there is no way to tell what aspectratio the boxart is, so it is not possible to adjust the artwork size in topleft accordingly.

Also, I'm not sure how I would determine what location the AEL snaps folder is at? Does AEL set some sort of window property or infolabel with this information?
@VikkiXavier - I've added the top250 position number for top250 widgets. Sorry about the wait! Ratings votes options are coming soon! Wink
(2018-04-18, 03:20)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]You can see current/end time by pressing your info button (i on keyboard) in fullscreenvideo.

I see.
I normally use remote, so no keyboard by me.
Any chance to rework it's visible when you just pause a video?

Maybe move the current video time and duration to the left by pause / now playing ... The put the current/end time on the right.

Something like:
Now Playing... 03:33 | 5:00 ---{ Video controls }--- Time 11:05 PM * Ends 11:07 PM

Or just throw it up in the top right corner.

Edit: I don't know if this would be possible, have it fade from the duration time to current/end time when only paused
(2018-04-17, 17:26)Alexis67 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I teste your new skin on a Android Box and i love this skin !!! Love

I note two small problem:
1) the skin is little slow to load movies or tv list
2) i can't list android app !

I have a small request, it's possible to add this view in Aura ?
https://i.imgur.com/c2DKLZM.png

I cant wait Aura go into final version Laugh Laugh

How fast items load has nothing to do with the skin. Loading speed is related to your disk/network/internet speed, the source where the widget comes from, and the number of widgets you use.

To list android apps you will need to enter a custom path in the home customisation dialog.
When selecting the widget path (spanner icon), scroll down and choose "Custom Item >" and enter the following:
Code:
androidapp://sources/apps/

I will look at adding a similar view to that one.
(2018-04-17, 01:56)attackkkkkk Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! This skin is almost perfect, but something is “wrong” with the tv channels widget

Can we get better interface on the Tv channels widget?
Maybe more rows below with more Channels.. maybe something like the settings widget but smaller and with the tv channels logos

Thanks

What exactly is "wrong" with the tv channels widget?

Sorry, I don't currently have plans to have special custom multi-row widgets other than settings and weather - having lots of custom widgets adds too much overhead on the skin and slows it down.
(2018-04-18, 05:09)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]To list android apps you will need to enter a custom path in the home customisation dialog.
When selecting the widget path (spanner icon), scroll down and choose "Custom Item >" and enter the following:
Code:

I have also been trying to put android apps on my media box. Currently via the home menu customisation, I use Action - Add-on - Program - Android apps. It gives me the android apps but only the mobile, not android tv version of the apps. I tried what you suggested but when I choose widget path, I dont see the custom item option. I only see the custom item option under Action.

Thanks
(2018-04-18, 07:29)satelly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-18, 05:09)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]To list android apps you will need to enter a custom path in the home customisation dialog.
Code:

I have also been trying to put android apps on my media box. Currently via the home menu customisation, I use Action - Add-on - Program - Android apps. It gives me the android apps but only the mobile, not android tv version of the apps. I tried what you suggested but when I choose widget path, I dont see the custom item option. I only see the custom item option under Action.

Thanks

It is definitely there. Click the spanner icon to set a widget and press up to scroll to the bottom of the selection list:

The last option on my list is Pictures. I dont seem to have the custom item option.
@satelly - Hmm, that is odd. What version of skin shortcuts do you have? (you can check in Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies).
(2018-04-18, 14:58)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@satelly - Hmm, that is odd. What version of skin shortcuts do you have? (you can check in Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies).
 I have script.skinshortcuts 1.0.17. I think it is my fault as I must have done something when I was playing around with the skin. I tried it on Arctic Zephyr and I could see the Customise Item option. For those interested, using the code you suggested "androidapp://sources/apps/" gives the same result as choosing "Action - Add-on - Program - Android apps" under home menu customisation.

I won't derail your thread anymore and may ask this in the android section.

Once again thank you for yet another excellent skin.