Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@jurialmunkey 

Sorry to be a pain, would you consider adding a minimalist option regarding post #680 or what Nervosa suggested #685. if none are possible can you please post the code so that I can continue updating Aura, without the subtitle GUI update.  
currently, I'm on the old version before the subtitle GUI update.

Thanks Smile
(2018-04-26, 02:15)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to be a pain, would you consider adding a minimalist option regarding post #680 or what Nervosa suggested #685. if none are possible can you please post the code so that I can continue updating Aura, without the subtitle GUI update.  

I thought you went back to Krypton? The Krypton version (master branch) doesn't have the subtitles dialog and still uses the old "minimalist" method.

An option will be coming soon for the Leia branch, I've just been really busy with work the past week so haven't had much skinning time.
(2018-04-26, 04:09)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-26, 02:15)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to be a pain, would you consider adding a minimalist option regarding post #680 or what Nervosa suggested #685. if none are possible can you please post the code so that I can continue updating Aura, without the subtitle GUI update.  

I thought you went back to Krypton? The Krypton version (master branch) doesn't have the subtitles dialog and still uses the old "minimalist" method.

An option will be coming soon for the Leia branch, I've just been really busy with work the past week so haven't had much skinning time.  
I'm using krypton on my Nvidia Shield TV because of alphabet strip. Leia(iMac)
I updated Aura Leia first then noticed the new subtitle GUI. I assumed Aura Krypton was also updated with the new subtitle GUI. That's why I never installed Aura on my Nvidia Shield.

Thanks in advance for adding the minimalist option in both versions of Aura when you get skinning time  Smile
in the movie information page dolby atmos and dts x  dont show up all i get is ?? is there anyway to fix please?
(2018-04-28, 01:21)jerichoy2j Wrote: [ -> ]in the movie information page dolby atmos and dts x  dont show up all i get is ?? is there anyway to fix please?

Atmos/dtsx media flags are not supported by kodi. It is a limitation of ffmpeg.
(2018-04-28, 03:49)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-28, 01:21)jerichoy2j Wrote: [ -> ]in the movie information page dolby atmos and dts x  dont show up all i get is ?? is there anyway to fix please?

the flags show up in the Aeon skins and a few others when u have ATMOS or DTSX in the file name of the movie
(2018-04-28, 04:13)jerichoy2j Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-28, 03:49)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

the flags show up in the Aeon skins and a few others when u have ATMOS or DTSX in the file name of the movie

Yeah I know how those skins do it. IMHO, it is bad practice to show codec flags on the basis of the filename. I only use filenames for info about the source, not the codec (e.g. so it is possible to differentiate between a bluray, dvd, and web version of a film).
@jurialmunkey I have a request for change. There is an option to replace the ratings with media flags in views (which I currently have to "on"). So, my question is : is it possible to keep the basic stars rating along with the media flags in views where horizontal spacing allows it ? Would be really nice to have both the flags and some rating info altogether, I think.
(2018-04-28, 11:12)joro_abv Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey I have a request for change. There is an option to replace the ratings with media flags in views (which I currently have to "on"). So, my question is : is it possible to keep the basic stars rating along with the media flags in views where horizontal spacing allows it ? Would be really nice to have both the flags and some rating info altogether, I think.
+1
I would love that too 
even better is that we already can choose what ratings to display
(2018-04-28, 11:12)joro_abv Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey I have a request for change. There is an option to replace the ratings with media flags in views (which I currently have to "on"). So, my question is : is it possible to keep the basic stars rating along with the media flags in views where horizontal spacing allows it ? Would be really nice to have both the flags and some rating info altogether, I think.

It should already show the imdb rating at the end.
Hi! to all,
First things first, @jurialmunkey  thank you very much for your great work so far.
I went from Aeon Nox (Silvo) to Horizon... and now I'm totally ditching Horizon for Aura. It's beautiful, amazing, smooth, elegant... We could say its "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", (don't mind me, I'm a total Disney Fan). 
I've read all the 48 pages of the thread so I wouldn't miss anything.
Though the skin visually complies with my needs, I do miss some information:
1. Library count: Total number of movies and total number of shows, would be ideal. (I've read that you accounted for that already, Great!).
2. TV Shows Status: On Going, Canceled, Returning. I think it was mentioned in the thread, that it would be great to have that info somewhere. Though the info can be access via Extended Info Mod, it would be nice to have it in the information window.
3. DVD release date. I would love to have that info and be able to filter with it. But if that's too hard, can it be possible just to have that info in the Information block at the end of the Movie Info Dialog (where the path file is).  If I knew how to code properly I would change the premiere date for the DVD release date, to suit my needs.

So far that's all I've noticed.

By the way, if you need help with the string translation, I can help with Spanish and Catalan.

Looking forward for more of your amazing work Wink
Would it be possible to show a little more info on available audio and subtitle tracks in the videos info screen? Right now it just shows a small number of icons off to the right but you really don’t get a sense as to what’s an audio language and what’s a subtitle language. Maybe just make them bigger and/or label them in some way?

Also I can’t quite tell but is the default for each being highlighted in some way? It looks like the default language might be a brighter icon? Hard to tell.

We watch a lot of anime and foreign movies here so knowing what language is chosen and what subtitle tracks are available and being used before playing the video would be enormously helpful in the sort of situation.
Sir, if possible could you add the duration of videos after the title using another blue separator. And could you establish any possibility of removing the extension name and making the thumbnail of the video visible like it does when we view extras from context menus?

@jurialmunkey , many thanks for your great skin, have been using AZ for quite a while but thought i would give this ago....think its amazing and now my skin of choice

hope you dont mind me asking but would it be possible to include when customising the main menu that there is option to "HIDE" or 

"ENABLE/DISABLE" that main menu appearing on the main screen, so that if you dont want it to show it doesnt but you dont have to set it up all the time afresh ?

that would be brillaint if you could add this feature

tia pusb87
(2018-04-29, 10:39)sflix Wrote: [ -> ]1. Library count: Total number of movies and total number of shows, would be ideal. (I've read that you accounted for that already, Great!).
2. TV Shows Status: On Going, Canceled, Returning. I think it was mentioned in the thread, that it would be great to have that info somewhere. Though the info can be access via Extended Info Mod, it would be nice to have it in the information window.
3. DVD release date. I would love to have that info and be able to filter with it. But if that's too hard, can it be possible just to have that info in the Information block at the end of the Movie Info Dialog (where the path file is). If I knew how to code properly I would change the premiere date for the DVD release date, to suit my needs.

So far that's all I've noticed.

By the way, if you need help with the string translation, I can help with Spanish and Catalan.

Looking forward for more of your amazing work Wink
1. Yeah I'm still trying to figure out a spot for library stats. If you have any ideas, please let me know.
2. Tv Next Aired status should already show in the info dialog (it does for me).
3. I don't know if any scrapers pull the dvd release date info. Do you know of any skins that show this info so I can look at how they do it?

Also, once the skin is on the official repo I will definitely be looking for help with string translations - I will keep you posted!

(2018-04-30, 03:32)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to show a little more info on available audio and subtitle tracks in the videos info screen? Right now it just shows a small number of icons off to the right but you really don’t get a sense as to what’s an audio language and what’s a subtitle language. Maybe just make them bigger and/or label them in some way?

Also I can’t quite tell but is the default for each being highlighted in some way? It looks like the default language might be a brighter icon? Hard to tell.

We watch a lot of anime and foreign movies here so knowing what language is chosen and what subtitle tracks are available and being used before playing the video would be enormously helpful in the sort of situation.

Originally it was that the "bright" flags were audio tracks, and the dim ones were subs. However, I've changed it now to make it clearer what each flag is.

(2018-04-30, 14:02)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]Sir, if possible could you add the duration of videos after the title using another blue separator. And could you establish any possibility of removing the extension name and making the thumbnail of the video visible like it does when we view extras from context menus?

Added the duration.
Extension is not possible for me to remove in the skin. If you want to remove the extensions, I suggest installing the special features addon and scanning your library for special features. The skin will use special features addon instead where it is available. This will remove the file extensions as SF scans extras to a database in the same way that kodi scans movies to its library. SF also provides a great special browser by launching it from the video addons section.

Thumbs show correctly for me on both Leia and Krypton with or without special features installed. Plus, the skin doesn't control whether or not a thumb is generated - that is up to Kodi.

(2018-04-30, 17:43)pusb87 Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey , many thanks for your great skin, have been using AZ for quite a while but thought i would give this ago....think its amazing and now my skin of choice

hope you dont mind me asking but would it be possible to include when customising the main menu that there is option to "HIDE" or

"ENABLE/DISABLE" that main menu appearing on the main screen, so that if you dont want it to show it doesnt but you dont have to set it up all the time afresh ?

that would be brillaint if you could add this feature

tia pusb87
Added. Big Grin