Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-06-03, 09:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-02, 20:13)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-31, 17:58)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]When I press Info on a movie and navigate down, there is By [Director], Similar, and other movies from the production company, then at the very bottom is Information. Is there any way I can remove all of those except Information? I would like to hit down to get to Information, and don't want any of the other sections.
 Just checking again Smile 

See latest git. There is now an option in skin settings to enable/disable each of the info dialog lists.
"Skin Settings > Library > Enable / disable info dialog lists" (scroll down to see option). 
 Thank you so much!
Sir, could you implement do not scroll plot feature in the settings because... for users like me, who prefer plot outline, for some movies the Directors and Writers begin to scroll in the plot area. Here's an example:

So Sir it is really necessary for such a feature to be adopted.
(2018-06-03, 09:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-02, 22:48)BigStrowman Wrote: [ -> ]I LOVE this skin, but I can't get my TV posters to show up. It looks they only show up if there's already a poster in the TV Shows folder. 

Posters show up on every other screen except the "TV Shows" screen. For example here's a show that won't display a poster in the TV view, but will in the extended info. 

I've tried all types of stuff like refreshing, deleting the library, even uninstalling Kodi entirely. Anyone got an idea how to fix this?

Do they show in Estuary? 
They do. I've tried a different skin - Horizon - and it has the same issue
@jurialmunkey Oh man, I'd love to see those background overlays you included in Eminence. I loved overlaying those on top of my artwork. Would it be possible to do this instead of the gradient you have included with Aura? Smile Again, it's a nice to have feature. So it's not anything I need to have.
Had some settings reset after installing the 06/03 nightly, wouldn't allow changes and saw the error below in the logs. Downgrading to 05/30 nightly and things are back to normal.  Just wanted to post for anyone experiencing anything similar

Error: 
17:52:56.366 T:7044 WARNING: addons must not activate DialogBusy
17:52:56.366 T:7044   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 1
Have now put Aura skin (latest github version) on my nuc running libreelec (5th june 2018 nightly) and set it up exactly as my windows setup, however the widgets (random albums using skin helper service widgets)  for music do not show up on home menu. Any ideas
Thank you
Hi!

The DTS-X movies display the "DTS-HD MA" logo whereas the Dolby Atmos ones display the "Dolby True HD" logo.

Here are some screnshoots: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JmswTvqJmKgKxpie8 

How can I make them to display DTS-X and Dolby Atmos instead?

Thanks
Gilson
(2018-06-08, 04:25)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

The DTS-X movies display the "DTS-HD MA" logo whereas the Dolby Atmos ones display the "Dolby True HD" logo.

Thanks
Gilson

DTS-X and Atmos media flags are not supported by Kodi because of a limitation in ffmpeg. Kodi can't decode Atmos and DTS-X natively - those codecs only work via bitstream passthrough. Any skin that shows these flags is just faking it by using part of the filename to determine whether to show it or not. For me personally, I think filename checks should only be used for information about the source (e.g. whether it came from a bluray, dvd, or webrip for example), and not for information about how it is encoded.
When doing single widgets on the home screen (Favorites for example) is there anyway to have it fill the whole container vertically? It'd be slick as hell to have a Showcase style if it didn't fill the container vertically, not sure how possible it is though?

Thank you!
Hey,
latest nightly is fixed now and working? Would like to test the last Features.
(2018-06-08, 07:02)Animizio Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
latest nightly is fixed now and working? Would like to test the last Features.

Latest Leia version works fine for me on Linux, afaict. Can't comment on other OS, as I only use Linux.

BTW, the issue was with Kodi nightlies, not the skin itself. You can use the latest version of the Skin with an older Leia nightly and you will still get all the skin features.
(2018-06-08, 07:01)BoyBobby Wrote: [ -> ]When doing single widgets on the home screen (Favorites for example) is there anyway to have it fill the whole container vertically? It'd be slick as hell to have a Showcase style if it didn't fill the container vertically, not sure how possible it is though?

Thank you!

I'm sorry I'm not sure if I quite understand what you mean. What do you mean by container? Are you saying you want a multi-row widget?
(2018-06-08, 09:21)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry I'm not sure if I quite understand what you mean. What do you mean by container? Are you saying you want a multi-row widget? 
 Yes that's basically what I'm trying to say, sorry! That or a Showcase style where metadata is shown for highlighted items.

Appreciate your time
(2018-06-08, 05:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-08, 04:25)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

Thanks
Gilson

DTS-X and Atmos media flags are not supported by Kodi because of a limitation in ffmpeg. Kodi can't decode Atmos and DTS-X natively - those codecs only work via bitstream passthrough. Any skin that shows these flags is just faking it by using part of the filename to determine whether to show it or not. For me personally, I think filename checks should only be used for information about the source (e.g. whether it came from a bluray, dvd, or webrip for example), and not for information about how it is encoded. 
Thanks for your response. And of course, it makes sense!

However, I would like to enter an user story to be evaluated by the dev team (I am not sure where I could enter it): "As I user I would like to choose to whether or not use portions of filenames to display media information such as Dolby Atmos and DTS-X"

Does it make sense?
Smooth skin thank you!

Just giving a try yesterday. For OSD when playing back a video, would it be possible to have current time | end time show each time skip or enter is pushed -- just below the progress bar similar to when info is pressed (but not with all the show/codec info).   [deleted CC query] And I know it is on the radar but vertical menus would be cool.

Thank you.