Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-06-08, 15:35)sabre6 Wrote: [ -> ]Smooth skin thank you!

For OSD when playing back a video, would it be possible to have current time | end time show each time skip or enter is pushed
+1 this, even if its an option or not too much work.
@jurialmunkey 

Before Aura comes out of WIP I would like to point out a few bugs/options I've noticed over the past few months.

when FF/RW the start icon randomly starts in different positions (1,2 or 3). There are no issues with the Kodi 18 default skin.
simulation

Previously there was an option to access Next Aired settings from the widgets. Are there any plans to add this feature again.

Just before the music starts playing a pink line appears in the top left-hand corner

Thanks
(2018-06-08, 14:28)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-08, 05:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-08, 04:25)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

The DTS-X movies display the "DTS-HD MA" logo whereas the Dolby Atmos ones display the "Dolby True HD" logo.

Here are some screnshoots: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JmswTvqJmKgKxpie8 

How can I make them to display DTS-X and Dolby Atmos instead?

Thanks
Gilson

DTS-X and Atmos media flags are not supported by Kodi because of a limitation in ffmpeg. Kodi can't decode Atmos and DTS-X natively - those codecs only work via bitstream passthrough. Any skin that shows these flags is just faking it by using part of the filename to determine whether to show it or not. For me personally, I think filename checks should only be used for information about the source (e.g. whether it came from a bluray, dvd, or webrip for example), and not for information about how it is encoded.  
Thanks for your response. And of course, it makes sense!

However, I would like to enter an user story to be evaluated by the dev team (I am not sure where I could enter it): "As I user I would like to choose to whether or not use portions of filenames to display media information such as Dolby Atmos and DTS-X"

Does it make sense? 
 I've found the location where the requirements are created and put my request there. I hope it makes sense to you! https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.aura/issues/12

Thank you for the great work on this skin!
(2018-04-04, 22:11)Hardax Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-04, 21:44)mxlance Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-04, 19:47)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you could try the PlexKodiConnect add-on instead of the Plex add-on.  
i use PlexKodiConnect and i find it to be fast and stable. however i can not get extra fanart to work.  
 I have been trying to make PKC work reliably for years now and it just cant quite get there. Either artwork issues or more importantly, play states that just refuse to sync reliably have forced me off of Plex all together and onto Emby with its rock solid Kodi add-on. 
 You might want to try the new pkc versions 2.1.x. If you're still having issues with screwed up playstates, I'd love to get to the bottom of that and fix it (no one has been reporting similar issues for a while now)
(2018-06-03, 17:33)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]Sir, could you implement do not scroll plot feature in the settings because... for users like me, who prefer plot outline, for some movies the Directors and Writers begin to scroll in the plot area. Here's an example:

So Sir it is really necessary for such a feature to be adopted.

Sir, have you considered this?
(2018-05-24, 12:40)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]Here's an idea. Wouldn't a right arrow (similar to the down arrow) look better instead of the 1/4th poster being visible?

Also, can't wait to see this in the home screen. Smile
I can't seem to locate current time / end time at all during playback. How do i show it?
But +1 for having it always visible when the OSD is active.
(2018-06-10, 15:24)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey 

Before Aura comes out of WIP I would like to point out a few bugs/options I've noticed over the past few months.

when FF/RW the start icon randomly starts in different positions (1,2 or 3). There are no issues with the Kodi 18 default skin.
simulation

Previously there was an option to access Next Aired settings from the widgets. Are there any plans to add this feature again.

Just before the music starts playing a pink line appears in the top left-hand corner

Thanks

Can you test latest Leia and see if the progress bar issue is still occurring? I think I have fixed it, but it was only happening intermittently for me so I'm not 100% sure.

The NextAired settings don't actually take effect until you restart NextAired - so I think it makes it confusing if the settings are accessible from inside because it makes it seem like they are not working.

I can't reproduce the pink bar issue - I'm not sure what is causing it.
(2018-06-12, 06:34)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-03, 17:33)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]Sir, could you implement do not scroll plot feature in the settings because... for users like me, who prefer plot outline, for some movies the Directors and Writers begin to scroll in the plot area. Here's an example:

Yes. I have just been busy with work recently, so not much time for skinning.
(2018-06-15, 08:35)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-12, 06:34)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes. I have just been busy with work recently, so not much time for skinning.

I comprehend. Thank you.
@jurialmunkey 

progress bar issue fixed.

Thank you  Smile Cool
@jurialmunkey 

I am still very much in love with Aura but have one question. When the background colour is changing with the poster i noticed that the colour palette is quite small and mostly rather saturated. Is there a way to expand the available colour palette and maybe have an option to choose for somewhat less saturated colours.

Would be greatly appreciated :-)
(2018-06-15, 12:49)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey 

I am still very much in love with Aura but have one question. When the background colour is changing with the poster i noticed that the colour palette is quite small and mostly rather saturated. Is there a way to expand the available colour palette and maybe have an option to choose for somewhat less saturated colours.

The fixed saturation/luminosity is done on purpose, because otherwise you end up with washed out colours which don't work well for highlights/background

This is not something which I can easily add options for, so you will need to tweak the settings in Startup.xml
Code:
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(colorbox_main,main:fhls*-;0.45;0.9)</onfocus>
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(colorbox_comp,main:hls*0.75;0;0@fhls*-;0.45;0.9)</onfocus>

colorbox_main is the main colour used for background and the primary gradient highlight colour.
colorbox_comp is the secondary gradient colour.

fhls means Fixed hue luminosity saturation
a "-" value means nothing is done. Otherwise values are between 0.0 (0%) and 1.0 (100%).
So hue is not changed, luminosity is set at 45% and saturation is 90%

You can tweak the 0.45 and 0.9 values for the main colour to change how bright and saturated the matched colour is. You will need to restart kodi after tweaking the values to see the changes.

For the complimentary colour the hls at the start is additive - so I'm first cycling the hue by 75% to get a complimentary colour and then fixing the luminosity and saturation at 45% and 90% with the fhls command after.
@juriamunkey
Regarding the pink bar top left-hand side(depending on colour settings).  It only happens with my Android devices. Nvidia Shield TV, Nvidia Tablet, Amazon fire HD.
No issues with my iMac.
(2018-06-16, 04:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-15, 12:49)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey 

The fixed saturation/luminosity is done on purpose, because otherwise you end up with washed out colours which don't work well for highlights/background

This is not something which I can easily add options for, so you will need to tweak the settings in Startup.xml
Code:
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(colorbox_main,main:fhls*-;0.45;0.9)</onfocus>
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(colorbox_comp,main:hls*0.75;0;0@fhls*-;0.45;0.9)</onfocus>

colorbox_main is the main colour used for background and the primary gradient highlight colour.
colorbox_comp is the secondary gradient colour.

fhls means Fixed hue luminosity saturation
a "-" value means nothing is done. Otherwise values are between 0.0 (0%) and 1.0 (100%).
So hue is not changed, luminosity is set at 45% and saturation is 90%

You can tweak the 0.45 and 0.9 values for the main colour to change how bright and saturated the matched colour is. You will need to restart kodi after tweaking the values to see the changes.

For the complimentary colour the hls at the start is additive - so I'm first cycling the hue by 75% to get a complimentary colour and then fixing the luminosity and saturation at 45% and 90% with the fhls command after.   
Thanks for the info. Maybe i can change the opacity of the default background and let the fanart decide the colour of the background. (When i change 'default.jpg' will that affect the background?)
Ultimately i would like to achieve similar background effects as in PLEX.