Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the chances of you adding library editor script to the video info screen next to the refresh button?

Love the skin, not used AZ since this baby came out 😎
Hey @jurialmunkey. I was wondering if Aura supports the RetroPlayer branch of the Leia alpha? If I run a game on Estuary, I can press 'enter' on my keyboard/remote and I'll get a menu with some options, like adjusting controller input. On Aura it does nothing. Is this skin related or do I need to take the issue to the RetroPlayer section of the forum? Thank you.
(2018-06-27, 22:10)kingkearney Wrote: [ -> ]What's the chances of you adding library editor script to the video info screen next to the refresh button?

+1
Can you give me a hint on what .xml files i need to edit to add more categories to each home tab?? Trying to figure this out. Not asking you to change the skin, just trying learn a bit of skinning to suit my needs. Thanks!
Hey loved the skin ^^
I'm using it on my ShieldTV with no problems, but on my android device (touchscreen) I can't check the "mouse compability" box.
A workaround is to use a bluetooth keyboard to check the box, them everything worked fine. Also i couldn't click on anything settings related before checking the box.
(2018-06-28, 00:16)Arber Wrote: [ -> ]Hey @jurialmunkey. I was wondering if Aura supports the RetroPlayer branch of the Leia alpha? If I run a game on Estuary, I can press 'enter' on my keyboard/remote and I'll get a menu with some options, like adjusting controller input. On Aura it does nothing. Is this skin related or do I need to take the issue to the RetroPlayer section of the forum? Thank you.
 I've figured it out. GameOSD.xml is missing, so this is why it doesn't appear in the skin when using RetroPlayer. Will this be something you work on further down the line, @jurialmunkey? Thank you.
(2018-06-29, 14:01)Arber Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-28, 00:16)Arber Wrote: [ -> ]Hey @jurialmunkey. I was wondering if Aura supports the RetroPlayer branch of the Leia alpha? If I run a game on Estuary, I can press 'enter' on my keyboard/remote and I'll get a menu with some options, like adjusting controller input. On Aura it does nothing. Is this skin related or do I need to take the issue to the RetroPlayer section of the forum? Thank you.
 I've figured it out. GameOSD.xml is missing, so this is why it doesn't appear in the skin when using RetroPlayer. Will this be something you work on further down the line, @jurialmunkey? Thank you.

Yes definitely, I just haven't got around to it yet.
(2018-06-27, 16:57)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey

Have you seen my Kodi Logfile a few posts back?

Yep. Not sure what the problem is though. Auto-vis works fine for me on Leia.
any idea on my last post ?
(2018-06-27, 13:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-26, 18:48)SerpentDrago69 Wrote: [ -> ]Currently in all views the Episode # for tv shows is NOT displayed . at least not for me . Anyway you could add that or point me in the right direction ?  Also while i'm asking , is there anyway to make widgets smaller and fit more into the screen ? what do i edit ? 

Thanks for this skin , i've used all your others and so far i love this one the most . as its your first true multi widget supported one !  any plans for Vertical menu ? maybe with a Netflix style preview on focused widget ?? 

Episode number works fine for me for shows in the library. I just use whatever ListItem.Label is set to, so it looks like whatever add-on you are using doesn't include the episode number with the label. There are some sorting options that don't show episode numbers (e.g. sort by name), so I'm not keen on enforcing it.

You can add it yourself by editing Includes_View_Posters.xml
The label control for episode list is under:
<itemlayout width="1820" height="310" condition="$PARAM[episode_list]">

I guess you could make the widgets smaller, but it would take quite a lot of work. All widget code is in Includes_Widgets.xml
I don't have time at the moment to guide you through it, so you will have to figure it out on your own.

Also, not my first multi widget skin. Horizon supports multiple widgets and has a vertical menu - although it can be quite cpu heavy and I havent really had the time to fix it. Might eventually add a vertical menu to Aura as I'm keen to reduce the number of skins that I'm maintaining, and that way I can drop Horizon.  

Thanks ! figured it out with that little bit of help  ( added a ListItem.Episode  section ) to the view i will use .  even played with the fonts.xml so when focused it uses a bigger font and episode number is smaller font !!!!  everything is near perfect !

Yeh , Horizon does support Multiple widgets . can't remember why i stop'ed using it off the top of my head it was something . 

Only reason i wanted widgets smaller is to fit more in to one 1080p screen ! but its not that big a deal ! 

Thanks for the help !
1. Is it possible to hide the thumbnail in Media Info view? I love that view for episode list, but instead of the spoiler-producing thumbnails if I could set it to just use artwork, that would be great.

2. Can the Big Posters have the option to not revolve the list? I forgot the terminology, but for example in Showcase view going to the beginning and hitting left takes you all the way to the end of the list on the right, it doesn't keep scrolling in a loop if that makes sense. This used to be a setting somewhere, for some views IIRC.
(2018-06-30, 03:31)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]1. Is it possible to hide the thumbnail in Media Info view? I love that view for episode list, but instead of the spoiler-producing thumbnails if I could set it to just use artwork, that would be great.

2. Can the Big Posters have the option to not revolve the list? I forgot the terminology, but for example in Showcase view going to the beginning and hitting left takes you all the way to the end of the list on the right, it doesn't keep scrolling in a loop if that makes sense. This used to be a setting somewhere, for some views IIRC.

1. I will add an option when I have some time. On my todo list.

2. So are you saying you want Big Posters to be like Showcase where the posters don't wrap around as if in an infinite list?
Only problem is that it looks a bit strange when it gets to the end of the list:

You can do this by changing Includes_View_Posters.xml
Find <include name="View_Posters_BigPosters"> and in that section change "wraplist" to "fixedlist".
(2018-06-27, 16:29)PeterClews Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks ... erm still shows VIDEO_TS ... from SF Addon its shows the correct name ??

Preview is useful too as you can flick onto the next EXTRAS easily.

Would you consider a Full Screen button (Like on the Nav bar) below the preview window then ? Best of both worlds then ?

"Can you test latest and see if title is working properly now (with preview window disabled)?

Can't do anything about the info window closing. Kodi auto-closes the info window when playing a video fullscreen. That's why I use the preview window."

Hmm, not sure why it isn't showing the correct name. Must not be possible when launching from video info window.

Yeah I was thinking of adding some controls with the preview window anyway. Will add them when I have some free time. On my todo list.
(2018-06-27, 22:10)kingkearney Wrote: [ -> ]What's the chances of you adding library editor script to the video info screen next to the refresh button?

On my todo list Wink
(2018-06-28, 13:53)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give me a hint on what .xml files i need to edit to add more categories to each home tab?? Trying to figure this out. Not asking you to change the skin, just trying learn a bit of skinning to suit my needs. Thanks!

Includes_Topbar.xml to add extra top buttons.
<include name="Topbar_Home_TextButtons"> has four grouplists which you need to add extra items to.

In script-skinshortcuts.xml change this line to allow more items in the customisation dialog.
<visible>!Integer.IsGreater(Container(211).NumItems,11)</visible>