Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Beyond my capabilities , assigning buttons with the keymap option, have tried a couple of years ago but couldn't figure it out.
(2019-01-11, 18:06)pucknbass Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-11, 06:21)Abbaskip Wrote: [ -> ]I loved this skin - but with any skin like this I think the main purpose (apart from Up Next TV etc) is a Netflix-like homescreen with widgets driven by Trakt etc for movie suggestions. My issue is that there is no plot outline on your home screen for these movies (and no rating that I could see either?) so it really makes it hard for me to choose a movie (without checking info every time).

I understand your menu is currently at the top and you're concerned about space - but that's really a non-negotiable for me. Could you not add the option for a clear logo/title on the left at the top and plot summary top right? Directly under the menu and before the widgets. Alternatively, have the menu vertical and pop out on hitting back (this is what Titan does on Netflix Home - and works great), freeing up the top of the screen for a title/clear logo and plot summary?

Another issue I'd like to report is that I can't change Groups in TV Guide (for Live TV). With most skins there are two options:
i) hitting back takes you to the side menu where you you can change which favourites groups you're in
ii) the groups are across the top of the TV Guide, so you can click up to teh top and change the group you're in

Without one of these implemented live TV is basically impossible to change groups from the remote and so unusable.
 you are basically asking for another skin bud just use another one .......   most of the stuff you are asking is in TITAN  mod already for the netflix stuff ... all the other stuff you are asking is basically Horizon wich is like 80 % looks like aura but vertical with a toolbar...... 
Not at all. Plot on the homescreen is the only real change I'm asking for here - I was just suggesting ways to allow that.

Currently the homescreen sub menus takes up the space you could easily use for plot and title if space is the concern.

And groups in TV Guide are a must in any skin, and I believe it's something that has already been requested (and is being added) to this skin, so definitely not something that's an entirely different skin.
(2019-01-11, 19:17)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]Abbaskip ,Regarding the pvr guide , I'm just a user like yourself , I got the group/category changing working in the guide on a mac , I haven't tried it on any of my android devices yet. If you go into the 1080i folder then to the "Includes_View.xml file and either change or edit out replace :
<onleft>28</onleft>
to
<onback>28</onback>
then save changes.
now when guide is open , if i press "back" then "ok" it brings up the group list so I can change group.
see pic.
I tried this. Now when I press back no side menu appears - however, if I just hit select the Groups appear, so I can then select the EPG group I'm after. The issue is, once I select the EPG group there is no way for me to go back to the EPG grid (the invisible left menu stays active), so I have to close the EPG and reopen it.
Hey Great skin overall thinking of switching over to it but im having a couple issues.  I am sorry if they are already mentioned as i tried searching and could not find it.  So here are the issues i have and it is mainly with the player.  It seams if i am watching a video or playing music and i hit back button it takes me out of the player and i have not found a way to get back into the player to pause or stop the item i am playing.  Am i missing something with this? 
Also when playing something in the top right hand of the screen it shows what is now playing but it is overlapping the time and also my menu items so you cannot really see what is going on.  Is it possible to move the now playing text to the bottom?

Thanks
(2019-01-13, 04:05)Abbaskip Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-11, 19:17)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]Abbaskip ,Regarding the pvr guide , I'm just a user like yourself , I got the group/category changing working in the guide on a mac , I haven't tried it on any of my android devices yet. If you go into the 1080i folder then to the "Includes_View.xml file and either change or edit out replace :
<onleft>28</onleft>
to
<onback>28</onback>
then save changes.
now when guide is open , if i press "back" then "ok" it brings up the group list so I can change group.
see pic.
I tried this. Now when I press back no side menu appears - however, if I just hit select the Groups appear, so I can then select the EPG group I'm after. The issue is, once I select the EPG group there is no way for me to go back to the EPG grid (the invisible left menu stays active), so I have to close the EPG and reopen it.
You need to bind a key to the "menu" command. This command will open the top menu in any area of the skin.

From memory, by default it is M on the keyboard.
(2019-01-13, 13:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-13, 04:05)Abbaskip Wrote: [ -> ]
<onleft>28</onleft>
to
<onback>28</onback>
then save changes.
see pic.
You need to bind a key to the "menu" command. This command will open the top menu in any area of the skin.

I use Yatse - not sure how I go about binding a key so that I can use it in Yatse? I was already doing it by going up to the PC and using shortcut keys etc but that doesn't really help when I want it to work as a media player.

I'm sure there is a way to bind a key, but I can't work it out. I really think it should be a standard part of the skin's EPG functionality in any case.
Looks like Aura is no longer compatible w/latest Kodi 18 RC 5.2 Sad.
Will the be an option to reorder the widgets?
(2019-01-14, 01:28)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Aura is no longer compatible w/latest Kodi 18 RC 5.2 Sad.
 Use the latest GitHub release. jurialmunkey updated it a few days ago  Smile
Thank you sir!
Really love this skin. Thanks JM.
(2019-01-13, 23:47)Abbaskip Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-13, 13:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-13, 04:05)Abbaskip Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this. Now when I press back no side menu appears - however, if I just hit select the Groups appear, so I can then select the EPG group I'm after. The issue is, once I select the EPG group there is no way for me to go back to the EPG grid (the invisible left menu stays active), so I have to close the EPG and reopen it. 

I use Yatse - not sure how I go about binding a key so that I can use it in Yatse? I was already doing it by going up to the PC and using shortcut keys etc but that doesn't really help when I want it to work as a media player.

I'm sure there is a way to bind a key, but I can't work it out. I really think it should be a standard part of the skin's EPG functionality in any case.
It is a standard function - you press M on keyboard.

Pressing back to open the menu in epg was only ever a workaround until the "menu" command was added in Jarvis. It makes no sense for "Back" to open a menu.

A quick google gives me this for yatse:
https://yatse.tv/wiki/yatse-custom-commands
So how are we supposed to open the menu in epg then  if we are using a remote rather than a keyboard which i would assume 99% of users do ? those remotes on devices like fire sticks only have half a dozen keys on them ?
(2019-01-14, 23:14)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]So how are we supposed to open the menu in epg then  if we are using a remote rather than a keyboard which i would assume 99% of users do ? those remotes on devices like fire sticks only have half a dozen keys on them ?
 Exactly. If 'back' isn't a good solution to go to the side menu when 4 directional navigation on a screen is required, then I'm not sure what is. Kodi is made to be used as a Media Centre - meaning controlled by a remote.

As for custom commands in Yatse - I would have no idea how to 'write' a custom command that sends the letter M, and I'm not convinced it would work anyway (as typing M on the Yatse keyboard doesn't). Besides, I would then have to do it for every Yatse device, and my physical remote that came with my Kodi box still wouldn't have the function.
(2019-01-14, 23:14)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]So how are we supposed to open the menu in epg then  if we are using a remote rather than a keyboard which i would assume 99% of users do ? those remotes on devices like fire sticks only have half a dozen keys on them ?
You bind a button on your remote to the "menu" command if it doesn't have one by default.

You can use the key map editor addon to do this easily.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

I use an MCE remote and bind the big green windows button to menu.