Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pi3 finally arrived and installed this Baby, looks very nice. It does seem however a little bit slow on the pi (opening menus etc., Add-ons for example take a lot of time to open).
Anyone here have a similar setup? Which Options apart from the wallpaper blur are demanding?
(2018-02-28, 01:45)D-m-x Wrote: [ -> ]Pi3 finally arrived and installed this Baby, looks very nice. It does seem however a little bit slow on the pi (opening menus etc., Add-ons for example take a lot of time to open).
Anyone here have a similar setup? Which Options apart from the wallpaper blur are demanding?

See this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2706344
@D-m-x - Also, I don't have any low powered devices like an RPI, so I'm wondering if you would be able to give me a little detail on the situations that you are finding slow? Is it mostly when opening different windows and you get the spinning busy circle on the screen? I remember there used to be issues with rotate animations eating up CPU on the original RPI, so if there is a quite significant slow-down opening windows compared to other skins, then there might be a benefit in having an option to enable an animated gif version of the busy loader instead.

I'm trying to optimise the skin as much as possible, so any details you can give me would be a great help in locating problematic parts of the skin.
@VikkiXavier - Can't reproduce the bug with extendedinfo. However, the fallback ratings should now be working on the latest github version as I found the source of the crashes.
(2018-02-28, 05:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]the fallback ratings should now be working on the latest github version as I found the source of the crashes.
 Yay!!  Laugh
However, I have encountered a fresh problem. When I enter the info dialog through the widgets, I find all the ratings are missing.

Another thing. Can't the fallback ratings be expressed in their original form of expressions? What I mean is Metacritic and RT ratings in % instead of decimals.

(2018-02-28, 06:25)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]However, I have encountered a fresh problem. When I enter the info dialog through the widgets, I find all the ratings are missing.

Another thing. Can't the fallback ratings be expressed in their original form of expressions? What I mean is Metacritic and RT ratings in % instead of decimals.

Whoops! Tiny oversight on my end. The ratings for widgets should be working now.

Unfortunately, Universal Movie Scraper stores ratings in the db as decimals. Skins can't do algebraic operations, so there isn't any way that I can convert it in the skin. You will have to ask in the UMS thread for that: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=129821
(2018-02-28, 08:04)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Whoops! Tiny oversight on my end. The ratings for widgets should be working now.
 Great! Big Grin Thank you.
Now I am just waiting to be able to select the ratings source as per my own choice. Hope you will successfully implement this feature in the settings Smile
(2018-02-28, 10:06)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-28, 08:04)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Whoops! Tiny oversight on my end. The ratings for widgets should be working now.
 Great! Big Grin Thank you.

Unfortunately, it looks like the fallback code is still causing crashes so I'm going to have to disable it for the time being. It is related to a bug in core that needs to be fixed.
If possible and if time permits you, could you add an option to hide the name and year of release of the movies and TV shows particularly in this view.. because: 1) the names are written on the posters, and 2) due to shortage of space (take Captain America: The Winter Soldier for e.g.) the full names can't be displayed, also 3) it would make the look more minimal

I'm loving this skin, Tweaked the white.png to down to 60% opacity which brightens everything up but still leaves the menus readable.

Its so clean and uses all the space on screen so well, great job!

Have noticed that the Home Screen dims when you reach the end of the top menu so even with a single image wallpaper you get a change in brightnessHuh

Any thoughts on a Full screen Fanart view (Used to press UP on Fuse) preferably with no Fade so full colour full screen ?
Hey Jurial, I’m getting some funky behaviour (flickering menus, random boxes that seem to be from other pages) when playing with the home menu settings, specificallly when adding a new widget or home item. I can’t confirm this but it seemed to happen after I tinke ed with the colour theme in interface. I swidid chef to dark dialogs just before it started happening

Edit: works fine again on reboot but it’s done it twice now.

P.S- great skin. The default colour scheme looks great, kinda aquamarine
(2018-02-28, 04:09)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@D-m-x - Also, I don't have any low powered devices like an RPI, so I'm wondering if you would be able to give me a little detail on the situations that you are finding slow? Is it mostly when opening different windows and you get the spinning busy circle on the screen? I remember there used to be issues with rotate animations eating up CPU on the original RPI, so if there is a quite significant slow-down opening windows compared to other skins, then there might be a benefit in having an option to enable an animated gif version of the busy loader instead.

I'm trying to optimise the skin as much as possible, so any details you can give me would be a great help in locating problematic parts of the skin.

Hi @jurialmunkey

Sure, will do. Right now I'm at work but I will play with it later today. I'm also going to give the Pi3 q little more memory for the graphics card, I forgot that yesterday.

From what I saw yesterday it is basically like you said, opening windows like Settings/Addons etc. is slow. The movement feels also not a 100% fluent, like when moving up or down but that my also be a little imagination.

For example going to Addons and clicking on Program Addons takes about 10 seconds to load them fully, also every other item category it's the same.

I will try a few things and answer again in the evening and provide more details if necessary Smile

Thank you for answering, cool to see such good support.

Edit: After some testing with the settings you suggested and a little overclocking I couldn't see any difference. Something seems to keep the Pi's CPU constantly at about 95%, it kept constantly overheating at about 85C. Went back to Artic Zephyr for now, found my love again for that Skin 😀 Looks so great. 
Also it's smooth.
Feel free to Tag me if I can help any way.
(2018-02-23, 12:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-23, 12:34)Cyku007 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to use this Skin on Kodi 18 Leia?

It isn't specifically for Leia, but most things should work fine. You will need to replace 1080i/DialogAddonSettings.xml with this modified one:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AE...ot&o=OneUp

And you will need to increase the xbmc.gui version in the addon.xml to 5.13.0 
The linked DialogAddonSettings.xml isn't available anymore. Could you upload the file again so I could try to make this skin run on Leia? Thanks