Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Setting home screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,  I am absolutely new to tweaking with Kodi so I need help from the community. Is there any way to set up home screen as a directory to folders of movies? In my case I have SMB server.
One of Kodi's advantages is to scrape a video collection into its library and add all sorts of fanart.
You can browse to the video files section, but not have it directly on the home screen. I don't know any Kodi skin that supports that.
Well, it's probably not as intentional as one might think, but there's a workaround.

If you have setup a source under Videos->files and set the content to "none" the source is still present and you are able to add that to the favourites. If you do that, the favourites can directly be accessed while using an autoexec.py filled with that content:

Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(favourites)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(Select)')

The "Action(Select)" will only work if you have a single item in the favourites. If you have more items in it, just drop the last line and the favourites dialog will be displayed where you might be able to select whatever you want to select.

In the end Klojum is correct. You should scrape your movies. Then you are able to access the video library at startup. But as long as there doesn't exist a video library, there's nothing to access Wink