Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with custom .nfo's with only some info, the rest from internet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got some movies, and some tv-shows, that I want to some other name than the english name in my list. Can I in some way add that info I want in a .nfo, and get the rest, like plot and actors, from the internet? How do I do that then?

Like, the show (not movie, even if it's the same) Das Boot. I want the info in english, but the title to be Das Boot, not The Boat. Or the movie Tian zhu ding (A Touch of Sin)http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2852400/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2 where I want the english Title, not the original (even I normally want the original title). With just that movie, I also got a problem with the list only showing 3 squares, guessing Kodi tries to wring the original title with some signes or something.

I hope someone can help me with this. I do not want to keep a .nfo with "all" the info, but only the specific info I want the way I want it.

/Söder
Yes you can use a Combination NFO... https://kodi.wiki/view/Nfo#Combination_nfo
Well, there are different ways Wink

You could scrape your movies and tvshows and export all of them to separated nfo files and then edit the file. There's a <title>....</title> tag inside which you can change. You need to refresh the movie information after that and then the title will be changed.

Another way will be, to open up the context menu while on a movie in the library, hit "manage" and then rename the title in that way.
Well if we are offering other options, I would use the Chorus2 Web Browser. Select Edit, then change all the info directly...

Great answers all. Love this kind of help! =)

I went with the combined .nfo for some movies and some tv shows. That way it's the right way also the next time I have to re-do the library. =)

/Söder
Also, and at least for the default movie scrapper not sure for tv shows, you can choose the languange you want the info to be downloaded. I think that will also apply to title or you can choose to use title in original language.

Just configure the scrapper add-ons by browsing the add-on collection via the settings menu.
(2018-02-17, 18:22)Gvasco Wrote: [ -> ]Also, and at least for the default movie scrapper not sure for tv shows, you can choose the languange you want the info to be downloaded. I think that will also apply to title or you can choose to use title in original language.

Just configure the scrapper add-ons by browsing the add-on collection via the settings menu.
 It was this I used, because I want the Swedish title for my swedish movies, but sometimes the korean title or something like that can be hard to understand, or even display correct in Kodi. =)

/Söder