Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI sorts by nfo date
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all.

I have created a huge collection of movie in folders with their own created dates based on the mkv files.
And then i have scraped them by ember media manager. (nfo+logo) to have consistent information, regardless of fiddling with KODI versions/libreelec etc.

But the collection cant be viewed by created date anymore....
every movie has the same date in KODI, because of the NFO has the same created date from the ember movie manager scraper.

Its hopeless to try to sort through date added.

does any of you know how to force KODI to sort on .mkv/srt perhaps ?

or some other workaround ? I have tried to find a program for windows that can change the files created but no luck there.

You have given us an image unrelated to Kodi, so it is meaningless.

Post an image of the issue while using Kodi.

Also have a look at the advancedsetting.xml tag here. It may help... https://kodi.wiki/view/AdvancedSettings....deolibrary
To modify the date of a file using Windows, just open up a terminal, navigate to the specific folder and do: copy /b filename.ext +,,. That will set the file to the current date and time.
Kodi doesn't gets the "added date" from the date of the NFO file, but it takes the date when the movie was scraped. If you scraped the movies again with Ember Media Manager, these dates were probably updated as well.
There's an option in Ember Media Manager (in Options-General) where you can set what Ember should take as the "Adding Date" you could experiment with.
thanks for the replies.
Thanks!!!

this worked for me, using the option addingtime: ctime.

now the created nfos are the dates are ok.

you saved my day, thanks.