Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PC to XBMC via ethernet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I messed up badly and I can't get back Sad I was able to watch files on my XBMC in another room, which is a must for me... when I saw a list instead of icons I tried to change it... [I can't read a list from that distance]... I don't know what I did but now I'm in despair.. when I open 'video' I get this error message...
No scanned information for this view..switch to files view
I have no idea what to do...it's been 3 days and I've tried everything
Please, please would someone help me...I can't tell you how upset I am...all I want is to be able to see my video files back
If I click on 'music' or 'pictures' I get all the folders, just like video used to be, but they don't open
Please someone, please help me
Thank you
It clearly says "Switch to Files View". Turn off the library button.
3 days that could have been spent reading the docs:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos
thanks so much for your replies..i'm very very old and slow...please excuse me..where is a library button jmarshall
sho..the docs are really hard to follow...i was an english teacher, but it doesn't serve me at all 50 yrs later lol
please be patient...please say 1...
bless you both
Hi vasbyt,

Click on the link 'Sho' provided, look at the picture - the 'Library Mode' button is what jmarshall is referring to.

If your screen doesn't look similar to the picture, then you may be using a skin that doesn't contain the buttons in the same place or at all. If so, follow this procedure:

1. From the HOME screen, locate Settings
2. Select Appearance
3. Select the Project Mahem III Skin

HTH,

KZ
kzr1y2
i found it...is there hope?...i'm excited...mayhem III
now what do i do?
thanks heaps..please don't leave me
xxx
that's done it...thanks very much... the skin thing ...i don't know how you did it, but your kindness, and help has changed everything back to GOOD for me
i really do appreciate it all
xxx
Glad to read that helped.

You should try to make some time to review all the features on the PMIII skin in case something similar happens again.

KZ