Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Favorite channels will not stay in group management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have setup favorite channels in the group management of PVR & Live TV section and I go to add some new channels to the list which are there until I reboot my media center and the channels are back to first list I setup with none of new channels I added before rebooting.  I am not sure where these are stored and why it isn't saving my new channels after a reboot.  I have tried removing the TV29.db file and that didn't resolve it either.  I am using mysql so I am not sure if that has something to do with this or not but I would like to know why my new channels are not saving.  If anyone could be of assistance it would be appreciated.
(2018-02-20, 22:13)amcfarla Wrote: [ -> ]I have setup favorite channels in the group management of PVR & Live TV section and I go to add some new channels to the list which are there until I reboot my media center and the channels are back to first list I setup with none of new channels I added before rebooting.  I am not sure where these are stored and why it isn't saving my new channels after a reboot.  I have tried removing the TV29.db file and that didn't resolve it either.  I am using mysql so I am not sure if that has something to do with this or not but I would like to know why my new channels are not saving.  If anyone could be of assistance it would be appreciated.

Is "sync channel groups with backend" setting active? This will reset channel groups content to the channels contained in the group in the backend on every Kodi restart. Adding channels with Kodi only stores the group members locally, not in the backend. This behavior is described in the help text of the setting I just mentioned.
(2018-02-22, 20:24)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-20, 22:13)amcfarla Wrote: [ -> ]I have setup favorite channels in the group management of PVR & Live TV section and I go to add some new channels to the list which are there until I reboot my media center and the channels are back to first list I setup with none of new channels I added before rebooting.  I am not sure where these are stored and why it isn't saving my new channels after a reboot.  I have tried removing the TV29.db file and that didn't resolve it either.  I am using mysql so I am not sure if that has something to do with this or not but I would like to know why my new channels are not saving.  If anyone could be of assistance it would be appreciated.

Is "sync channel groups with backend" setting active? This will reset channel groups content to the channels contained in the group in the backend on every Kodi restart. Adding channels with Kodi only stores the group members locally, not in the backend. This behavior is described in the help text of the setting I just mentioned. 
 I just turned off that setting and that appears to have corrected it on one of my Kodi media centers.  Thank you for the suggestion.