Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mac Mini Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Want to buy a MacMini

I have simulated the Apple Remote on may MAcbook with the Philips Universal Remote Pronto

Question.

Wenn i scroll down in the folders
Must i press for every folder 1 x the button on the remote
or can i stay on the button and i t moves down in the list

is it so or have i to klick klick klick

thanks
tom
austria
There are supposed to be significant updates to the way the remote functions in the next release. Personally I like a remote with more buttons. I know the PS3 bluetooth remote works from personal experience, but the scripts could use some improvement. I've used a microsoft MCE remote on a linux box, and it works really well, but I haven't played with lirc on os-x yet, so I can't say for sure if it's easy to get working or not.
thank you

the Apple Remote would be ok but i dont know if it works fast

i have only downloaded the code from remotecentral to my pronto

and it works in Frontrow ok but in XBMC i have to press

1x time for every move and cant hold down the button on the remote

is this normal or only with my "Test Remote"

thanks
It's hard to tell without you using the actual remote. The person that made the file for the pronto could have not properly learned the commands and they could have a lower minimum repeat length than the actual remote sends.
The next version will help address that. Actually the Apple remote has 12 keys that you can map to your universal remote, When you hold the buttons down it sends a different signal.