Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: black screen when playing video and sound no
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Version Kodi 17.6
Kodi opens and preview video works. But when you open the video, there's nothing. No video, no sound.
After updating the drivers began to close when opening a video. The graphics card is intel 852gm. Tried to disable and enable the settings of the hardware video acceleration - there is no result.
VLC and mpv video play.
We don't support intel 852 gm at all. This card is now, help me, 15 years old?
well, what version of kodi does this graphics card support?
You know, we don't support "GPUs" but their driver and capabilities and your 852 has none ...

Try to start kodi with from commandline: 
Code:
LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 kodi
print
Code:
Warning: MHD_USE_THREAD_PER_CONNECTION must be used only with MHD_USE_INTERNAL_POLLING_THREAD. Flag MHD_USE_INTERNAL_POLLING_THREAD was added. Consider setting MHD_USE_INTERNAL_POLLING_THREAD explicitly.
Warning: MHD_USE_THREAD_PER_CONNECTION must be used only with MHD_USE_INTERNAL_POLLING_THREAD. Flag MHD_USE_INTERNAL_POLLING_THREAD was added. Consider setting MHD_USE_INTERNAL_POLLING_THREAD explicitly.
Segmentation fault
Crash report available at /home/ilia/kodi_crashlog-20180224_221643.log
and close.
kodi.log
Then I see no chance for your old hardware. Sell it on ebay and get a Raspberry PI3
if someone else bought it.
on the calculator, the cost would be about $ 5.
what can I buy for $ 5?
(2018-02-27, 07:00)Ilya20 Wrote: [ -> ]if someone else bought it.
on the calculator, the cost would be about $ 5.
what can I buy for $ 5?
 Linux + a C compiler does cost 0 cents. Use that and start hacking on your drivers!
Kodi is run on rasperry pi 1 model b?
(2018-03-08, 08:38)Ilya20 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi is run on rasperry pi 1 model b?
 Use at least a Raspberry Pi 2. "Running" and "usable" is something else ... you should know that by now. It also ran on your original computer "just" the video was black ...