Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apollo Lake HDMI stutter.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just put together an Asrock J4205-ITX based machine. It has a DP to HDMI chip.

Im running newest Kodi.

Videos in both H264 and H265 starts fast and even when I fast forward, it seems to catch up fast. But the every now and then it stutters a couple of frames. Same amount in both 1080P and 4K. Very weird.

My TV is a 65" JU7100.

I tried updating DP to HDMI chip.

Tried buying a new HDMI cable.

Tried updating bios.

Tried various frenquency settings.

Tried MPC-HC and VLC.

All have the same stuttering. Its like it jumps a few frames once in a while. Maybe a couple of times in every minute. Does not affect audio. Machine is running 30% CPU and 50% GPU on 4K.

Im suspecting some kind of mismatch with my TV?

Chromecast ultra works fine.
Btw. running latest win10.

Just tried with my Intel atom laptop. Has the same random stuttering in picture. Also does not affect audio in any way. Looks fine on laptop screen. Has stuttering on TV screen. So both win10 machines does this.

Funny thing. My chromecast ultra works fine. And if I do direct playback on the TV itself only using DLNA server it also works fine.....

WTF?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum