Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pick a 4k HDR10 box on Amazon.co.uk for me please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok,  I will admit.  I am getting lost on all the different boxes you can buy.  I have done some research.  And from what I can tell.  The Amlogic boxes seem to fit my needs.  But there is so many of them on amazon.  That I just have no clue what one to pick.

What I need is 4K And HDR10 (no need for Dolby Vision as my display will not do that anyway).  And Dolby Atmos DTS:x sound.

The plan is to connect whatever box I get to my "Denon AVR-1300W" that has video Passthrough for 4K and HDR (I know it works as I watch HDR content from my PC and I get all the right bells and whistles).  The AVR is a Atmos/DTS:x receiver.  And yes I have speakers on my ceiling lol.  My Display is a adminty cheap HDR display. But I do love the size of it.  49" and it has HDR10. Netflix looks great on it. And I am using my PC right now with a custom version of Kodi that can play HDR content using "DSPlayer and MadVR".  It's a "Hisense N5500".

So anyway.  Can anybody link me a Media box from the United Kingdom site of Amazon.co.uk 

Please help a lost noob out?  I am just lost on all the choices of boxes on offer
I not going to search for you but will throw out some 4K HDR device names capable of 4K HDR LibreELEC Kodi Krypton with Atmos and DTS:X audio, ones that have Gigabit Ethernet - that definitely helps stream high bitrate 4K HDR REMUX's.

MINIX U9 - would be the pick of the bunch simply due to superior hardware vs all other AML boxes, but I would get one with a older Plug N Play - MINIX A2 lite remote. The A3 lite remote has mini wake from sleep issues. Will also do 1080p Netflix with an unofficial Android TV ROM.
Vorke Z6 / Tanix X92 (same box) - again use a Wireless remote with it. Click HERE - to see @hdmkv using it.

The Plug n Play, 100M only ethernet - Vero 4K that runs OSMC Kodi Krypton.
I'm waiting for a Ugreen USB3 > Gigabit ethernet adapter before I torture that again with high bitrate 4K HDR REMUX's. 100M currently has issues with some high bitrate stuff.

The MECOOL M8S Pro L - 100M only again but can also do 1080p Netflix with and Android TV ROM in a dual boot LibreELEC / Android TV setup.
Thanks for your input.

I will do a bit more researching