Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pellucid [Kodi Leia]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Yes - the Netflix addon seems to be problematic. Problem is that I can't test it without a Netflix account. If another skilled skinner can propose a fix I'll be happy to include it in the official release.
Hello, I love the skin and would very much like to use it with my setup but I have a single problem. 
I installed pellucid on kodi leia that is running on an amazon stick 4k. The problem is that I cannot change the way content is displayed. I always see my movies in a list view and when I try to change it (clicking left two times to open settings) there is no option to change it to say a wall or thumbnails. There are just four lines in the movie settings (Sort by, Order, Update library, Hide watched movies).

So I'm stuck with a list view (which I never use). What am I doing wrong?
Hi,

First off - beautiful skin!

I don't know much about the inner workings of Kodi (or much about Kodi at all) - is it possible to make all other windows use the home window background slide show instead of fan art? I.e. for instance, in the Movies window, rather than have the background be the highlighted movie fan art I would like to just keep the home window slide show in the background.

Also, is it by design there is no way to change the view types of the different windows or am I missing something?

Cheers!
[Kodi 18.5 on AndroidTV]
(2020-01-06, 12:56)SlartiBartFastFjord Wrote: [ -> ] is it possible to make all other windows use the home window background slide show instead of fan art? I.e. for instance, in the Movies window, rather than have the background be the highlighted movie fan art I would like to just keep the home window slide show in the background.
Or maybe better yet, when there is no fan art available to default to the home window slide show rather than black, such as when looking at all video add-ons or when the parent directory is highlighted in the Movies window.

Cheers!
Hi SlartiBartFastFjord, lukaszstankiewicz,

Sorry - view types are fixed in Pellucid. It works best with local library-based content. 

For some addons, the view will change automatically depending on the content (e.g. Movies will always take the poster style). However, for many addons / streaming sources, this won't work. I'm not going to fix this - it is the responsibility of the addon creator to code their work correctly. For obvious reasons I have absolutely no interest in supporting illegitimate addons, 'builds' or similar nonsense. 

In terms of the background images, this could be done but would involve quite a bit of work. Sorry - I don't think i'll be putting that in the official version i'm afraid - I simply don't have the time these days :-(
Hi. Please stay strong in developing and bugfixing. Love your skin.
(2020-01-28, 00:03)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of the background images, this could be done but would involve quite a bit of work. Sorry - I don't think i'll be putting that in the official version i'm afraid - I simply don't have the time these days :-(
If you want a copy I modified the skin so that the Nav screens all default to background images if no fan art is found.

Thanks for a great skin!
S
(2019-12-08, 15:58)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ]Yes - the Netflix addon seems to be problematic. Problem is that I can't test it without a Netflix account. If another skilled skinner can propose a fix I'll be happy to include it in the official release.
Well im neighter skilled nor a skinner but i did managed to learn how to edit a few things on your skin and how to use your skin debugger (i think), and i also have a netflix account. With that i was able to find out that the addon is.. kinda of a mess actually, heres some pages vs. the "Netflix Contents" from the debugger:
profiles selection -- images
main page -- files
'catalog' -- tvshows
seasons -- seasons
episodes -- episodes
recommendations -- files
genres -- files
genres/all movies -- files
genres/all movies/anycategory -- movies

a few screens had a url too long for me to be able to see what the actual contents were (like new releases)
and im pretty sure i found some pages where there was nothing written in the content

i just forced all addon content to be displayed as 'tvshow' (i hate list views) and it seems to be working well so far.

anyway, thanks for developing and maintaining this truly amazing and unique skin
Hello Fppd,

Like you I'd like to improve the integration of Netflix with this skin...

But I didn't understand your message above, what did you do exactly ?

Thanks
Hello thedeadman,

Thank you for your great work on that skin, I really like the minimalism in it!
I have a question though, in my library I have a few movies in multiple versions - e.g. 4K HDR and 720p. However I have not found a way to choose which version of them I wish to playback. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it simply not supported?

Thanks for your effort!
(2020-01-28, 00:03)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi SlartiBartFastFjord, lukaszstankiewicz,

Sorry - view types are fixed in Pellucid. It works best with local library-based content. 

For some addons, the view will change automatically depending on the content (e.g. Movies will always take the poster style). However, for many addons / streaming sources, this won't work. I'm not going to fix this - it is the responsibility of the addon creator to code their work correctly. For obvious reasons I have absolutely no interest in supporting illegitimate addons, 'builds' or similar nonsense. 

In terms of the background images, this could be done but would involve quite a bit of work. Sorry - I don't think i'll be putting that in the official version i'm afraid - I simply don't have the time these days :-(
hey i like that skin its perfect for me for tv, but i have some addon with movies can you show me some example for views to make it work something like listview with description of movie
eloydark: An interesting problem, but not something I can help with at Skin level i'm afraid. 
fihc: Sorry, no. You are free to explore and modify my work, but I cannot teach you how. Certainly I can warn you that messing with the way Pellucid handles views is liable to cause you a lot of headaches.
(2020-03-26, 22:12)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ]eloydark: An interesting problem, but not something I can help with at Skin level i'm afraid. 
fihc: Sorry, no. You are free to explore and modify my work, but I cannot teach you how. Certainly I can warn you that messing with the way Pellucid handles views is liable to cause you a lot of headaches.
okay i have managed to see how addons structure has to be
if you want a list you need to make
Quote:xbmcplugin.setContent(int(sys.argv[1]), 'files')
for movies
Quote:xbmcplugin.setContent(int(sys.argv[1]), 'movies')
for tvshow
Quote:xbmcplugin.setContent(int(sys.argv[1]), 'tvshow') 
but i dont see diference for tvshow and movies, also do you plan to update for v19, tv catchup isnt working there with that skin, you can add nextup only with one xml without using other services its clean and simple
As said, addon support will be patchy. Setting content in the way you describe **should** work.

The conditional expressions that trigger the view are in the file 1080i/includes.xml. To display in the poster view (the only alternative to a list), the addon must be structured such that it triggers the expression 'isAddonMovieOrTVshow'. Note that the expressions system cascade - the boolean structure is very fickle - so tweaking one will almost certainly mess up something else. It's a really fine balance that i've achieved through a lot trial and error (hence I have very little motivation to f%^k with it).

I will update for V19 in time. However, I will only do this work when Matrix reaches beta and is being rolled out on the Libreelec platform - I don't see this happening for quite some time yet. I simply don't have the time to keep playing catchup as the system chops and changes during particularly active periods of development. 

WRT to addons like nextup: I have a strong aversion to adding external dependencies that I don't control. Sorry about that. As you say it's easy enough to add yourself.
(2020-03-28, 13:08)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ]As said, addon support will be patchy. Setting content in the way you describe **should** work.

The conditional expressions that trigger the view are in the file 1080i/includes.xml. To display in the poster view (the only alternative to a list), the addon must be structured such that it triggers the expression 'isAddonMovieOrTVshow'. Note that the expressions system cascade - the boolean structure is very fickle - so tweaking one will almost certainly mess up something else. It's a really fine balance that i've achieved through a lot trial and error (hence I have very little motivation to f%^k with it).

I will update for V19 in time. However, I will only do this work when Matrix reaches beta and is being rolled out on the Libreelec platform - I don't see this happening for quite some time yet. I simply don't have the time to keep playing catchup as the system chops and changes during particularly active periods of development. 

WRT to addons like nextup: I have a strong aversion to adding external dependencies that I don't control. Sorry about that. As you say it's easy enough to add yourself.

yep just added one custom_xml wihtout script and etc and all is working fine without addons ant etc, so on skin programing nothing change and no addons installed at all, however do you have some clues or something i can read somewhere because i didnt find nothing about catchup for skins at all
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18