Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TMDB movie 5.1.1 does not work anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

When updating movie database Kodi display that TMDB scrapper is unable to connect to the server.

I can read this in the logfile :
ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 401 for https://api.tmdb.org/3/search/movie?api_...=.....(the rest of url)
ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site

I tried this url in my browser and I got this :
Code:
status_code7status_message"Invalid API key: You must be granted a valid key."successfalse

So I tried the same url in my browser but with my TMDB API key and it wroked great.

I guess the problem comes from API key that is invalid.

Is there anyone to help me please ?

(My box run LibreELEC 8.2.3.)
Update to version 5.1.2
That's what I would have done if only I could see any newer version than 5.1.1 in the Kodi add-on repository...

Could you explain me how I can do it ?
Yes, sure.

When you click update in the add-on, it will show the latest version in your repository. If it is not showing the latest version then you need to update the repository. This should happen automatically, but if you don't have kodi running all the time, the update may get missed.

Go into add-ons>My-addons. Pull out the Left Sideblade meny and select Check for Updates. https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Sideblade_Menu

This will update your repository with the latest version for all the add-ons. The new version of TMDB should auto install. If not, just run Update from the add-on again.
Ok.

It seems Kodi repository was'nt up to date. Some other extensions have updated in the same time. I'm very surprised because my media center is always on (and so Kodi) and used several time every day.

Thank you very much for your help !
No problems. Smile

Just check your settings for Add-on updates. Go to... Settings/System/Add-ons and check how you have the options set.
Thread marked solved.