Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Router / NAS change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I change my routeur & NAS, nothing important but i since i have my movies & shows in double, even after a library cleanup.

Any idea ?

Thanks
Has the IP address of your server changed?
Yes
Hello ...
Well if you were accessing movies on a server via IP address and you changed the server's IP address then the paths are going to change. You need to remove the sources pointing to the old IP address then clean your library.

Next time use the hostname not IP address of your server. This is something they sorted out back when IP addressing was invented (or shortly thereafter, when the hosts files got unweildy)
(2018-03-03, 08:40)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you were accessing movies on a server via IP address and you changed the server's IP address then the paths are going to change. You need to remove the sources pointing to the old IP address then clean your library.

Next time use the hostname not IP address of your server. This is something they sorted out back when IP addressing was invented (or shortly thereafter, when the hosts files got unweildy)
 What i did is updating the share with knew IP address, they i tried to clean but i still have the olds links.

Ok, thanks.
My problem is the following, if i delete the share to create them again, i will loose the status : watched / unwatched ...
Why not change the IP address of the server back to what it was before?
It could be an option but it’s already done.
Any idea on how to solve it ?
Does any one can help me ?
At least try :o
Remove the sources that point to the old server and clean library.
How ? I updated the sources / IP addressed
(2018-03-03, 08:40)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you were accessing movies on a server via IP address and you changed the server's IP address then the paths are going to change. You need to remove the sources pointing to the old IP address then clean your library.

Hi, in the face of success, can you tell me how to setup hostname please ?
Pages: 1 2