Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TubeCast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
thanks for you quick reply. ok will do that and post back. for info i've tried sofar from an iphone IOS 12 and an ipad IOS 9 with same results.
(2019-03-10, 21:01)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-10, 20:32)oliviercommelarbre Wrote: [ -> ]Dear enen92, i've been desperately trying to get the automatic discovery to work from an IOS device but with no success. The manual pairing works great, although until you restart Kodi so you need to do it every time.
I've tracked in debug and i do see the iphone's incoming datagrams, until the HTTP GET /ssdp/device-desc.xml which all seems fine, but i never got the Kodi item to show up in the Youtube app (on the iphone) as a possible sink.
Could i be doing something wrong? any help would be much appreciated. In fact i was even wondering whether it is intended to work IOS or if the functionality is only targeting Android.
thks!

It should work with iOS too. At least I tried with an Iphone 7 a few time ago and it worked. At the moment I don't have any available to try. Can you try with an android phone on the same network to check if the issue is not in your network?  
Dear enen92, i did the test with an Android phone but again no success. Same identical behaviour, manual pairing works fine (including commanding the YouTube afterwards) but not the automatic discovery. The logs report pretty much the same thing than with IOS, that is the upnp transaction seems to go along fine until the phone finally accesses the device-desc.xml file through http on port 8008, then nothing happens. I would doubt at this stage the issue is on the network since the phone accessing the device-desc.xml file is pretty much saying that it could find the kodi server over the network. I've checked as well that from the phone browser app, the device description url is correctly replied to by the kodi server with an a-priori valid xml file.
btw, i've tested separately on two kodi instances, one running on a mac and another running on a raspberry pi. Both running kodi v12 (Leia)

Could it be that there is something in the device description file that the YouTube app doesn't like?
Also, are there specific configurations to be done in Kodi itself, or in the YouTube kodi addon for it to work?

thanks again for your help
Hi enen92, Here a quick update on the last comment. I finally managed at least to get the Android case working. I was somehow inspired by the comment of peqoud of 2018-11-20 mentioning the socket.getfqdn(host) call. After a bit of debugging around it, i found out that my network config on both Kodi machines (the mac and the RPI) were such that their host name translation were different depending on the host on the network asking for the translation (either replying along with the ".local" suffix or with the domain name published by the router for the subnet, ".fritz.box" in my case), this probably confused the overall transaction on either side, i don't know, but at least it solving that issue got the addon to fully work for Android.
This being said, still no luck with any of the IOS, so any help there would still be much appreciated. For instance i'm trying to figure out what should happen next in the transaction once the iphone gets the device-desc.xml (as i believe it does get it seen the log). I guess it should then continue with probing the apps/YouTube URL through HTTP on port 8008 and i'm trying to understand why it apparently doesn't do so...
thanks again for any time you could spare to help my debugging!
I am also experiencing this. iOS 12 on iPhone 7.
Pairing process and subsequent use works.
Once I come back the youtube app does not find kodi to cast to.
I've just tested it with an Iphone 8 running iOS 12.14 and the latest youtube app and it worked out of the box. I guess the issues you guys are facing are somehow related to either your network configuration or some platform specific issue. Either of them are hard to debug from my side since I cannot replicate.
Thank you enen92 for this test on iphone8 IOS12, and thanks also to arpaterson for the feedback
so i conclude the IOS 12 with latest youtube remains compatible (i had a doubt since it is what i have), and that's in itself great help.
no doubt i'm the one who can debug at this stage.

To go forward, I would first try to reproduce your setup at least in terms of platform, the goal being to get a setup that works, which will then help me debugging the one that doesn't. may i ask you enen92 what is the OS running kodi in your setup with  ans well as OS and kodi versions?

As well, it would be very helpful for me to understand what the youtube app should be attempting to do after having received the device-desc.xml file. Should it be triggering immediately the apps/YouTube on port 8008, or are there other intermediate transactions (for instance via datagrams) to expect beforehand?

thanks again
I can also confirm this bug. It would disconnect after a couple minutes and then disappear.
  • iOS 12.1.4 (16D57) (on iPhone 5s and 6s)
  • YouTube 14.01.10
  • Kodi 17.6 Git:a9a7a20
  • LibreElec 8.2.5
  • TubeCast v1.0.7
FWIW, the bug doesn't appear to happen when connecting via the YouTube web app (i.e., in the browser), but it does exhibit some other buggy behavior: videos pause about five minutes in, and the client (browser) has no record of its progress, so clicking "play" starts it again from the beginning. Seeking/scrubbing also doesn't work.

Once, I paired two devices with the same code (phone and web app). Casting a video from the web app caused Kodi / LibreElec to reboot altogether. After that, the paired Kodi device was still visible from both iOS and the web app, but neither could cast a video to Kodi (though you could see from the iOS app which video you were trying to cast from the web app).

It's a lot! I know. Sad It's hard to accurately and succinctly capture all the behavior I'm observing here. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the YouTube cast / TV-linking API. Happy to provide any other information necessary to help debug.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
Hi guys,

Cannot see Tubecast icon un Youtube android app.
I'm using Libreelec 9 on Raspberry Pi.
Also, I can access to http://192.168.1.3:8008/ssdp/device-desc.xml

xml:
<root xmlns="urnConfusedchemas-upnp-org:device-1-0" xmlns:r="urn:restful-tv-orgConfusedchemas:upnp-dd">
<specVersion>
<major>1</major>
<minor>0</minor>
</specVersion>
<URLBase>http://192.168.1.3:8008</URLBase>
<device>
<deviceType>urnConfusedchemas-upnp-org:device:dail:1</deviceType>
<friendlyName>Kodi (LibreELEC)</friendlyName>
<manufacturer>Google Inc.</manufacturer>
<modelName>Eureka Dongle</modelName>
<UDN>uuid:007d00ac-8b1f-52e0-80d0-4e4b736ae194</UDN>
<serviceList>
<service>
<serviceType>urnConfusedchemas-upnp-orgConfusedervice:dail:1</serviceType>
<serviceId>urn:upnp-orgConfusederviceId:dail</serviceId>
<controlURL>/ssdp/notfound</controlURL>
<eventSubURL>/ssdp/notfound</eventSubURL>
<SCPDURL>/ssdp/notfound</SCPDURL>
</service>
</serviceList>
</device>
</root>

Any idea why is no working?
Also have checked debug options on Tubecast, but nothing is being written on kodi.log

Thanks
For anyone that is unable to see Kodi as a cast target in the youtube app you might want to test if this change fixes the behaviour:

https://github.com/enen92/script.tubecast/pull/18

Thanks to ju-sti for bringing it to my attention. If it works I'll make an update to the addon.
(2019-04-26, 12:03)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]For anyone that is unable to see Kodi as a cast target in the youtube app you might want to test if this change fixes the behaviour:

Thanks to ju-sti for bringing it to my attention. If it works I'll make an update to the addon.

Its working, thanks!!
(2019-04-26, 12:03)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]For anyone that is unable to see Kodi as a cast target in the youtube app you might want to test if this change fixes the behaviour:

It is working in that I can see it on my other devices - youtube chrome browser can cast (as opposed to Play to Kodi), and iPhone 7 Youtube can also cast.
So I guess discovery is working.

But there are still other issues;
-queuing doesn't seem to work,
-randomly pausing for no apparant reason.

It just doesnt behave well. I will describe better when I notice a recogniseable pattern.
Hello, I do not understand how to apply this solution, since it does not appear in my Youtube APP the icon to transmit

Hey guys, i've just registered because I don't have a clue what to do. I can pair my android device without a problem, kodi appears in the youtube app. But just in this moment, when the toast notification appears that my device is connected, kodi completely freezes. I have to restart the system then, after reboot the pairing is gone. I'm using generic LibreElec 9.0 on HP Compaq 6305 Pro. Any help?
(2019-06-14, 15:22)ninothecat Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, i've just registered because I don't have a clue what to do. I can pair my android device without a problem, kodi appears in the youtube app. But just in this moment, when the toast notification appears that my device is connected, kodi completely freezes. I have to restart the system then, after reboot the pairing is gone. I'm using generic LibreElec 9.0 on HP Compaq 6305 Pro. Any help?

Don't know what the problem was, maybe cache, but a new installation of libreelec solved it. I like this Addon thumps up Smile
Thank you  @enen92 for this wonderful plugin. It works perfectly on 18.
Unfortunately Kodi have a regression with 17,18 that will not allow my to pass-through audio on my Android device.
Kodi 16 is working perfectly on my device - Will it be possible to backport your plugin to 16 version?

I assume a lot of users that have devices like MXIII-G still sit on Kodi 16.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9