Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR WMC Client Add-on couldn't be loaded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm brand new to Kodi, been using Windows Media Center on a Win 7 machine for 7 years.

I'm trying to set up a Raspberry Pi3 as a media extender.  I've installed ServerWMC on my Win7 machine. It looks to be correct, found all my tuners.

I've got LibreElec (8.2.3) with Kodi (17.6) installed on my Pi3.  With this, I can access my movies on my NAS. I can also get to my recorded TV shows and watch them if I add the file location on my Win7 WMC machine.

But, I'm having trouble installing or running PVR WMC client.  I go to Add-ons-> Download and try to download version 1.4.9.1.

I get a pop up:PVR Clients: PVR WMC Client
Add-on couldn't be loaded.
An unknown error has occurred.

I hit "OK" and it tries downloading again, when I get the same pop up a 2nd time. I hit "OK" a second time and a window comes up near the top right of the screen saying it was installed.

I'm able to configure it to point at my Server and port number.  When I go into "TV", I see I message in the upper right corner:

"PVR manager is starting up 0%" with a spinning circle that never stops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea if the problem is starting a program on my PI, or making a connection to my WMC server.

I'm happy to post logs if someone can tell me where to find them and to best get them off the Pi to my windows machine where I'm accessing the web.

Thanks
Look at serverwmc on your win7 machine.  Does it show the client (libreelec) connected?

The serverwmc logs can be access from the 'debug' tab in serverwmc.  Kodi doesn't allow logs to be posted on the forum, so instead paste the log on pastebin.com and put a link to it this thread.
No.  It says "waiting for client request."

Log file at https://pastebin.com/WMhw43xq

Thanks again.
Is there a log file on the Pi side I should be looking for?
The serverwmc (swmc) log shows that it has never heard of your client.  Swmc uses a socket connection to communicate with clients over your network.  When you first ran swmc, windows should have presented a warning type window to you asking if swmc can communicate over your network, do you recall if you allowed access?

The other problem could be that you didn't enter the ip address correctly in pvr.wmc or that you used a port other then the one swmc is using (9080).

This socket stuff usually just works.  There might be a clue in the kodi log if you can post that. 

PS Swmc always shows "waiting for client request" at the bottom whenever it is not processing a client request.  To see if your client is online look toward the top of that same window where is says "client online:".  When your pi connects it will show up there.
I believe I clicked to allow network communications when installing serverwmc. I uninstalled serverwmc and reinstalled and it didn't ask me about that.  All of my previous configurations were saved, though.  So configs survived the uninstall and reinstall process.

On the Pi, under System Info, the "PVR service" menu is grayed out...if that means anything. 

I've grabbed the kodi.log file.

https://pastebin.com/GwW3SP1R

Thanks again.  I really appreciate your helping me.
In the pvr.wmc addon try using the ip address of your serverwmc machine rather then the machine name.
I found this thread, since I was getting the same error message. I'm also running LibreElec 8.2.3 (not on a RPi).

I've been able to get the PVR WMC Client running after getting the error, by selecting it and then selecting update and then it would work.

I just tried setting "Enable SignalStatus calls" in the configuration and that seems to have fixed it.
I've used the IP address rather than the name of my Win7, WMCenter machine.  I've set "Enable SignalStatus calls". 

I've disabled and re-enabled, and tried updating several times.  In every case, I get the same error message.  When updating, after getting the error message, I see the small notice in the upper right saying ServerWMC has been updated.  Every time I disable and re-enable, there is a pause while re-enabling, then the error notice, but then it looks like thins are running.

But if I go to "TV" and try to select TV Channels, I see in the upper right corner, "PVR manager is starting up: 0%" with the spinning circle. Nothing ever progresses.

What is expected behavior?

Any other ideas on what to debug?

Should I try a different/older version of LibreElect?

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate whatever help you can offer.
Tried one last update.  Now, no error message.  And it is "Importing guides". 

I can see recent recordings and watch those recordings.

I can see channels and the guide which look correct.  Only problem now is that if I click on a channel, or on what should be a current program in the guide, I get a blue double circle that spins and then a message that says "PVR WMC Client; No video data found on this channel."

So, making some progress.  

Any ideas for this next hurdle?

Thanks
Another data point:

I can record a currently playing show, and then watch the recording as it is being recorded.  So I'm a few seconds behind live.

But if I try to "Switch" to the channel, I get the "No video data" message.

BTW, Krusty, this is a really nice interface. If I can get this working it is really going to finish up my home theater system very nicely.  Thank you for all of your work creating this.
I still get the error the last couple of days on start up, so selecting "Enable SignalStatus calls" didn't fix it after all.

Going into My add-ons and selecting PVR WMC Client and then selecting "Update" will allow it to load and work every time.
Same thing here.  If I power cycle, I have to update the add on.  

I still can't switch to a channel.  But I can watch recorded TV shows and set recordings.

Is there any way to delete a recording from the client?  Or is that a MediaCenter-only kind of operation?
Post the swmc log after a failed attempt to watch a live channel.  You can delete recordings from the client, bring up the context menu on the recording and hit delete.
Log at https://pastebin.com/JTjH4h3K

How do I get to the context menu? 

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3