Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Latts,

Here are my findings so far concerning version 1.0.4.7

1. The audio icon shines through in the KodiFlixTV view.

2. I have installed the country flags addon. Nevertheless the country flag is not visible.

3. For a couple of tv shows, I'm facing a weird issue. The studio icon at the bottom bar, differs from the studio icon on the boxset. If you remove the studio text for one of your tv shows, you'll probably the studio icon for the next or previous tv show in your library. Depending in which direction you're browsing.
ImageImageImage
@MB1968
1. Yeah, I noticed that the other day as well. I have a fix for this in the next update.
2. Does this example you posted have United Kingdom listed as the Country?
3. In order to fix the problem with the persistent studio icon for Boxsets in KodiflixTV, I had to change the code to use the Skin default/Colored Media Icons to display the studio. The studio icon in the Media Flags at the bottom is using the White/Colored Studio Icons add-ons. I've noticed some studio icons are different between all the add-ons. I will have to scrub them all to match up studio icons. That will take some time. I tried removing the studio from the TV Show, but I do not see the next/previous studio icon appear.
(2022-01-01, 16:07)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@MB1968
1. Yeah, I noticed that the other day as well. I have a fix for this in the next update.
3. In order to fix the problem with the persistent studio icon for Boxsets in KodiflixTV, I had to change the code to use the Skin default/Colored Media Icons to display the studio. The studio icon in the Media Flags at the bottom is using the White/Colored Studio Icons add-ons. I've noticed some studio icons are different between all the add-ons. I will have to scrub them all to match up studio icons. That will take some time. I tried removing the studio from the TV Show, but I do not see the next/previous studio icon appear.

How I maintain consistency is by using uncompiled versions of the addons and then replacing the resources of one with the other. Or an even simpler way would be to delete the textures.xbt from the studio icon pack and replace it with the studios from the colored media icon pack, since the later is updated more often. The recourses do not have to be compiled but you can if you like.

Also, I've had cases were it required a refresh before the audio/country flags would  appear. In the case of TV shows I've noticed that the country sometimes does not show even when it is included in the nfo file. I believe this has something to do with the script that pulls the TV info from online db. A quick peak at the MyVideos.db verifies that Kodi does not read or store the 'country' tag for TV Shows.
(2022-01-01, 16:07)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@MB1968
1. Nice.

2. There a 2 countries assigned to A Perfect Planet: United Kingdom / United States. The next tv show in my library Africa has one country labeled: United Kingdom. The country flags don't appear for none of my tv shows in my library.

3. I noticed that the black and white studio icon pack has 2783 icons, where the skin xbt file only has 1919 black and white icons. I copied all missing black and white icons to the skin default icon folders and recompiled the xbt file.

The icon at the bottom bar and the icon on the boxset look similar now. But as soon as I select the tv show Brot, things go wrong. There is no studio icon (RUV)for the tv show Brot yet. Instead the studio icon for the previous tv show is being displayed (DR1). For the next 4 tv shows (Callboys/VIER, Centennial/NBC, Chernobyl/HBO, Clan/VTM, the wrong studio icon is being displayed at the bottom bar (DR1). That's weird because the black and white icon is available in the skin default xbt file. The icon on the boxset is correct.

As soon as I select tv show Dark, the correct studio icon (Netflix) appears at the the bottom. When I browse backwards, the Netflix icon remains visiible for the previous tv shows I mentioned.

4. Have you noticed the audio language flag on the line that is reserved for the file path? (image 2, #2761)

Example:
(2022-01-02, 04:27)Juan Mortyme Wrote: [ -> ]How I maintain consistency is by using uncompiled versions of the addons and then replacing the resources of one with the other. Or an even simpler way would be to delete the textures.xbt from the studio icon pack and replace it with the studios from the colored media icon pack, since the later is updated more often. The recourses do not have to be compiled but you can if you like.

Also, I've had cases were it required a refresh before the audio/country flags would  appear. In the case of TV shows I've noticed that the country sometimes does not show even when it is included in the nfo file. I believe this has something to do with the script that pulls the TV info from online db. A quick peak at the MyVideos.db verifies that Kodi does not read or store the 'country' tag for TV Shows.
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Are you suggesting to store the studio icons as individual files in the skin media folder?
(2022-01-02, 23:06)MB1968 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-02, 04:27)Juan Mortyme Wrote: [ -> ]How I maintain consistency is by using uncompiled versions of the addons and then replacing the resources of one with the other. Or an even simpler way would be to delete the textures.xbt from the studio icon pack and replace it with the studios from the colored media icon pack, since the later is updated more often. The recourses do not have to be compiled but you can if you like.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Are you suggesting to store the studio icons as individual files in the skin media folder?
Basically the choice to repack the .xbt is yours. You can use the unpacked files instead of the .xbt. I do this with resource.images.mediaicons.coloured and resource.images.studios.coloured addons. I don't use the White icons but the skin will work fine with it's .xbt left unpacked, I've used  it that way in the past for debugging. I find it is easier to make sure the studios icons are identical in both addons since the skin uses both addons. It also makes it quick and simple to add or replace icons on the fly when they are unpacked. 

I ran thru my 200+ TV shows and only have one instance were the studio icon was held over from the previous show and when I backed out to main menu and returned to the view the icon was gone. Which is odd because that particular show has never been a problem before but now all of a sudden that one show won't show it's studio icon.

As for the country flags, if the country is found it's displaying the flag icon for it. There are instances where no country is displayed either in text or icon. I chalk that up to the online db or the script that fetches the information because the country is scraped externally since Kodi doesn't import or store the 'country' tag when new TV shows are added to the library even if it is present in a .nfo file.
@MB1968
2. That's a drawback to the Country icons...they won't display anything if there are multiple Countries. Let me take a look at the Country flag code for Leia again.
3. I'll take Juan Mortyme's advice and just copy the studios from the White and Colored Studio Add-ons into the skin default and Colored Media Icons for uniformity. By the way, Dark is one of my favorite shows! I've never had to keep track of so many characters...the past, present, and future selves of everyone! Haha. The studio icon in the media flags uses Skin Helper...I'll see if I can reproduce your problem.
4. I noticed that in your image. I will have to try and reproduce that. I thought I had the code fixed.
(2022-01-03, 14:10)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@MB1968
2. That's a drawback to the Country icons...they won't display anything if there are multiple Countries. Let me take a look at the Country flag code for Leia again.
3. I'll take Juan Mortyme's advice and just copy the studios from the White and Colored Studio Add-ons into the skin default and Colored Media Icons for uniformity. By the way, Dark is one of my favorite shows! I've never had to keep track of so many characters...the past, present, and future selves of everyone! Haha. The studio icon in the media flags uses Skin Helper...I'll see if I can reproduce your problem.
4. I noticed that in your image. I will have to try and reproduce that. I thought I had the code fixed.

2. I think you will need to merge the two and create an identical set for both addons or you'll run into the mismatched icons again.
4. I do not see the same issue. Everything looks to be in it's proper place with no overlap on my screen..

2. Fixed. My bad. Includes.xml was missing some new code at the bottom. The marker at the left in Win Compare (a small red line) was poorly visible.

3. I'll have to dig deeper into the issue with the black and white studio icons for tv shows.

4. Fixed. My bad. DialogueVideoInfo.xml.was missing a piece of changed code.
I've just now had the same experience with the studio icons except it was colour studio icons on my Matrix MQ7 configuration. Come to think of it, this isn't the first time either. It appears to be  the icons are not found so they are either not shown or get hung over with the last icon found.  It seems to happen after cleaning the cache or when the cache expirers (3 days I think). The good news is the problem rectifies itself after Kodi has been up and running continuously for at least 20 minutes sometimes much longer, then the icons begin showing. I don't totally understand why this happens but I have observed high internet usage at that time. It's like it is refreshing the extra info for the whole library before it will work smoothly.
Hi Juan, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

I've recorded a video.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfe6azzzdfypcm...2.mp4?dl=0

Are you seeing a similar behaviour with the coloured studio icons?

In my video there a a couple of weird issues going on. I'm using an untouch3d version of the latest Leia mod.

1. Attenborough"s Life in Colour has the correct studio icon on the boxset but the wrong icon in the media icon bar. Refreshing the tv show and using the tvdb scraper does not fix this issue.

2. There's no studio icon available yet for tv show Brot. Instead the studio icon (DR1) for the previous tv show Bron Broen is shown.

3. For the next tv shows (Callboys, Centennial, Chernobyl, Clan), the wrong studio icon (DR1) is shown in the media icon bar.

4. For tv show Dark the correct studio icon (Netflix) is shown.

5. When I browse backwards, the Netflix icon remains visible.

This happens on different locations in my tv show library. Not only for the tv shows I've mentioned.

In the next video you can see that "Show Coloured Studio Icons", is not working for me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1whu3nvm1jid2...2.mp4?dl=0
By the way, Dark is one of my favorite shows! I've never had to keep track of so many characters...the past, present, and future selves of everyone! Haha. The studio icon in the media flags uses Skin Helper...I'll see if I can reproduce your problem.

I still have to watch that tv show. Is it finished or still continuing?

What version of Skinhelper do you recommend?
@MB1968 

Yup, I don't even need to watch your video to know exactly what you are experiencing.

1 - This is because a) Either the skin or the studios.white addon is missing the icon, OR b) if it's just a different icon but for the right network/studio then the icons in the skin and the addon don't match.

2 - This seems to happen when no studio icon is found. If you back out to the main menu and then return to view at the same place you saw the wrong studio you should now see the icon is gone replaced by a empty space or ... (depending on the view).

3 - Same principle as #2. The last found icon remains visible until the next one is found. So no matter if it's one or ten shows between them the last found studio will be displayed.

4 - That's exactly right. That's how I figured out the pattern and therefor the cause.

5 - Absolutely the behaviour I would expect to see, and I do see it too, thus validating my hypothesis.

The problem is not limited to TV shows or the white icons. It effects both coloured and white studio icons for both movies and shows. In fact it isn't unique to Leia either as I have the same problem on my MQ7 Matrix installation. 

All my TV shows have the appropriate network icon so it's hard to notice any issues. Movies on the other hand, I have several without studio icons so it was easy to discover the pattern.

As I said previously, after Kodi has been up and running for a length of time, how long I'm guessing depends on the size of your library, at least part of the problem self rectifies. The persistent studio icon problem disappears and movies without icons just have a blank space or ... (depending on the view) but of course icons won't appear if they aren't in the skin or addon. It may help to restart Kodi in order to clear any persistent icons. Having said that, I was only able to verify using movies since as I said, all my TV shows have icons. 

Which brings me to the relevance of why I use unpacked resource addons. If you have basic knowledge of Photoshop or similar software you can easily create your own studio icons and add them to the skin and/or addons. You might have noticed I've submitted icons including the Canadian MPAA for inclusion in the skin. These are all created by myself from images readily found on the web.  

With all my talk about scripts fetching data from online db I might have mislead you. No scrapers or scripts actually retrieve studio (or any other) icons. They must be stored locally either in the skin or an addon. An earlier problem that was solved was that the script wouldn't display the studio until it fetched the extra info and thus if the movie or show wasn't in the online db it wouldn't display the studio. That however is fixed but the icon must be available locally.

It seems time doesn't heal all wounds but in this case it fixes some. So, if you don't get the same results as I, since I can't easily test TV shows, it will be up to @latts9923 to try to recreate and solve the problem. Coding is above my pay grade. But you have provided lots of info that should prove useful.

I hope this clarifies some things for you.
@MB1968 

Oops, I forgot..

I'm using script.skin.helper.service-1.1.31 and script.module.metadatautils-1.0.37.

For coloured studios you need  resource.images.mediaicons.coloured and resource.images.studios.coloured addons.

I should mention even if it's obvious, if you do decide to stray down the dyi icon path remember to keep backups or run the risk of loosing all your creations in the event of doing a fresh start or updating an addon which will overwrite all your changes/addions which is just another good reason to keep auto-update turned off.
(2022-01-04, 18:31)Juan Mortyme Wrote: [ -> ]@MB1968 

Yup, I don't even need to watch your video to know exactly what you are experiencing.

1 - This is because a) Either the skin or the studios.white addon is missing the icon, OR b) if it's just a different icon but for the right network/studio then the icons in the skin and the addon don't match.

2 - This seems to happen when no studio icon is found. If you back out to the main menu and then return to view at the same place you saw the wrong studio you should now see the icon is gone replaced by a empty space or ... (depending on the view).

3 - Same principle as #2. The last found icon remains visible until the next one is found. So no matter if it's one or ten shows between them the last found studio will be displayed.

4 - That's exactly right. That's how I figured out the pattern and therefor the cause.

5 - Absolutely the behaviour I would expect to see, and I do see it too, thus validating my hypothesis.

The problem is not limited to TV shows or the white icons. It effects both coloured and white studio icons for both movies and shows. In fact it isn't unique to Leia either as I have the same problem on my MQ7 Matrix installation. 

All my TV shows have the appropriate network icon so it's hard to notice any issues. Movies on the other hand, I have several without studio icons so it was easy to discover the pattern.

As I said previously, after Kodi has been up and running for a length of time, how long I'm guessing depends on the size of your library, at least part of the problem self rectifies. The persistent studio icon problem disappears and movies without icons just have a blank space or ... (depending on the view) but of course icons won't appear if they aren't in the skin or addon. It may help to restart Kodi in order to clear any persistent icons. Having said that, I was only able to verify using movies since as I said, all my TV shows have icons. 

Which brings me to the relevance of why I use unpacked resource addons. If you have basic knowledge of Photoshop or similar software you can easily create your own studio icons and add them to the skin and/or addons. You might have noticed I've submitted icons including the Canadian MPAA for inclusion in the skin. These are all created by myself from images readily found on the web.  

With all my talk about scripts fetching data from online db I might have mislead you. No scrapers or scripts actually retrieve studio (or any other) icons. They must be stored locally either in the skin or an addon. An earlier problem that was solved was that the script wouldn't display the studio until it fetched the extra info and thus if the movie or show wasn't in the online db it wouldn't display the studio. That however is fixed but the icon must be available locally.

It seems time doesn't heal all wounds but in this case it fixes some. So, if you don't get the same results as I, since I can't easily test TV shows, it will be up to @latts9923 to try to recreate and solve the problem. Coding is above my pay grade. But you have provided lots of info that should prove useful.

I hope this clarifies some things for you.
Hi Juan, although our issues are quite similar, there are also differences.

Example 1:
Please watch the video and check A Perfect Planet and Africa. The studio is BBC One. The studio icon on the boxset and in the media icon bar is also BBC One.

Please check Attenborough's Life in Colour. The studio is BBC One. The icon on the boxset is correct, but in the media icons bar, the BBC icon is shown, instead of BBC One. That's strange because the BBC One icon is available in the skin .xbt file and in the black and white icons pack. Otherwise the BBC One icon would not be visible in the media icon bar for A Perfect Planet and Africa.

There a more similar examples when you watch the video. Check Band of Brothers (HBO icon in media icon bar)
and Chernobyl (HBO icon missing)

Check Alf (NBC icon in media icon bar) and Centennial (NBC icon missing).

If I remember correctly this issue started for me with skin version 1.0.4.6.

I have 130 tv shows in my library. For 3 or 4 tv shows, the studio icon is missing. I know how to create these icons. I did the same for the dutch MPAA icons in colour and a couple of studio icons

I'll decompile the resource addons. But bear in mind that thousands of individual files instead of 1 xtb file comes with a big disadvantage. The internal memory of my Android box will wear out much faster when constanly copying thousands of files from my pc to my Android box and vice versa. It already costed me one Android box

EDIT: the issue persists longer. In version 1.0.4.5 and 1.0.4.4 I see the same behaviour.