Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: original xbox dvd remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using XBMC on an xbox since the beginning and I would love to switch to the OSX version.

But I'm so use to using my xbox dvd remote that I would hate to switch to the apple remote. I've searched the forums but I haven't seen any references to efforts to support this remote.

To cut to the chase:

1. Is adding support of the xbxox dvd remote a doable thing?

2. Am I alone on this or do others see the value of this effort?

3. Does anyone know if adding this support is on the roadmap?

Thanks
I think they already have it working in the next release. I don't know if they will support the old xbox remote but I heard that the xbox 360 remote should be fine.

I too think it would be great to support the old one since I have one. =)
1. Not really, the IR receiver in the mini is quite specific

2. Most people would rather use a Universal Remote with their setup IMHO

3. None is planned.

The next release will have greatly enhanced Appleremote support and expanded support for Universal remote support, more specifically those remotes that allow you to assign macro commands to your buttons. Some remotes will not support macro buttons to be mapped to all keys unfortunately (like mine).
iordonez Wrote:Some remotes will not support macro buttons to be mapped to all keys unfortunately (like mine).

Have you tried simply hitting the buttons in sequence when training the remote, or does not make any sense at all?

-elan (who doesn't use a Universal Remote, obviously...)
elan Wrote:Have you tried simply hitting the buttons in sequence when training the remote, or does not make any sense at all?

-elan (who doesn't use a Universal Remote, obviously...)

Never thought of that... I'll try in next release... I don't think my remote will learn Menu+Menu though.