Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Firestick kodi 17.6 upgrade prob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just upgraded my v1 firestick from kodi 16 to 17.6. Fresh install. Kodi boots up great on my living room tv which is a 70” 4k. Problem is when i try and run kodi on my bedroom tv which is an older 32” 720p tv it doesnt work. kodi will try and open but always kicks me back to the firestick home screen. Does kodi 17 have a resolution prob with older tv’s? Kodi 16 works good on the same tv 17.6 wont. Any help would be appreciated
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
so i am new to this still so bear with me. Kodi will not open on my firestick at all to enable the debugging. I assume i have to try yhe advanced method but how do i go about that on a firestick
edit:
so while messing around a bit with the firestick setting i have found that the firestick was default to auto in the resolution setting which was 1080p. I changed that setting to 720p which my smallet tv is and it os working now. Guess the default resolution has to be changed on non 1080p tvs