Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch) and MCE remote mapping.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I've been trying to map a button(rewind) to launch the subtitle search window from my remote, a Logitech Harmony 525 set up as a MCE remote. 
However, I can't seem to get it to work.
I've tried editing the keyboard.xml with:
Code:
<remote>
   <rewind>ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch></rewind>
</remote>

And I've tried with the MCE remote plugin as well as the Keymap editor plugin. None of these options has worked. 
A thread I came across suggested that I write <u>ActivateWindow...</u>, that didn't work either(or maybe I did it wrong).

Now I think I have read all wiki posts concerning the matter as well as googled and searched the forum for quite some time. 
Can anyone help me a bit? Would be really appreciated!

I'm on Kodi 17.6, Windows 8.1 and Aeon Nox skin.

Thanks for your time.
Ok, so I kinda solved it.
Instead of trying to map the rewind button on the remote directly, I mapped the ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch) to a keyboard button (F7 in my case) and then mapped it to the rewind button in Eventghost. 
Alternatively I think you can use the mceremotemapper tool to do the same without Eventghost. But for me it wass just easier to use Eventghost since I already use it for other things on my htpc.
(2018-03-08, 11:17)Alex.L Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried editing the keyboard.xml with:
Code:
<remote>
</remote>

The rewind-button is named "reverse" and you seem to have used a wrong closing bracket for the built-in function (i.e. ">" instead of ")" )so:
Code:
<remote>
   <reverse>ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch)</reverse>
</remote>
should work.
(2018-03-09, 14:21)Quihico Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-08, 11:17)Alex.L Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried editing the keyboard.xml with:
Code:
<remote>
</remote>

The rewind-button is named "reverse" and you seem to have used a wrong closing bracket for the built-in function (i.e. ">" instead of ")" )so:
Code:
<remote>
   <reverse>ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch)</reverse>
</remote>
should work. 

Thanks so much!
The closing bracket was a mistype here, didn't see it because I'm writing on my phone.

Will try with reverse instead, thanks again. Don't know how I missed something so obvious.

Edit:

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <key id="61529">subtitledelayminus</key>
            <key id="61512">subtitledelayplus</key>
            <F7>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</F7>
        </keyboard>
        <remote>
            <forward>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</forward>
        </remote>

</global>
</keymap>

Kind of strange. Tried mapping the fast forward button as you suggested, just to try it out. However it's not working.