Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Play says KODI not compatiable with Your Device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Help a tad frustrated..
Have an Android box .. OS 6.0.1
Go to google play to update to KODI 17
and it tells me that it is not compatible with your device..( Grrrr Just hate Play store)

SO what gives .. how to I get around thisHuh

Thanks
What make Android box? do you known what type of SoC it uses? Was a prior version of Kodi already installed when you got the box and is it this you are trying to update? or is it a completely new install of Kodi on a box that has previously not had Kodi installed?
sry forgot that info this morning..
a Pro HT
Yes Kodi  16 is installed on it yeps this is what I am trying to update.. Sounds like your gonna tell me to do a clean install

HAve no idea what you mean by SoC

Any more questionsHuh GRIN

Thanks
A "Pro HT" doesn't really tell us much, but sounds like a generic Android box.  I'm going to assume it also came pre-installed with Kodi?

If it did then yes, you need to uninstall that and reinstall from either our site or from the Play Store.

Also, SoC = System on Chip.  That would be the processor your box has.
What a Hoot one more reason WHY I hate PLAY store.. just uninstalled KODI.. went there to install..

Same Issue not compatible..

Thanks
Well, it probably has little to do with the Play Store and more to do with your device.

So again, what SoC does your box have?
well here a fine kettle of fish.. Now I have NO KODI.. I have downloaded the Android 32 bit version 3 times once on the PC then moved to to box.. twice on the box itself.. and everytime I get this GD Parse eror

so now I have NO KODI...

Oh Well
I dont know what this SoC is and have no idea where to find it
Then most likely you have a device with a Rockchip SoC, which we no longer support.
Well that tells me exactly where to find the SoC information... Thank you..
Try SPMC
(2018-03-09, 01:25)Airwreck Wrote: [ -> ]well here a fine kettle of fish.. Now I have NO KODI.. I have downloaded the Android 32 bit version 3 times once on the PC then moved to to box.. twice on the box itself.. and everytime I get this GD Parse eror

so now I have NO KODI...

Oh Well
 Try older version 16.1 from HERE