Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artist Image and Album image issues in Kodi 17.6 and 18 alpha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well this has been productive. Not only have I fixed this bug, but I have made some baby steps towards better disc set support Smile

But to stick to the image issue of this thread, say you had this folder/file layout (actual names of folders is irrelevent, it is the content that counts). The issues are in red, the solution is in blue:

artist/
    artist/folder.jpg   <------ artist art
artist/album/
    artist/album/folder.jpg  <-------album art -------wrongly taken as artist art
    artist/album/CD1
            artist/album/CD1/folder.jpg <-------Disc1 art
            artist/album/CD1/track01.mp3
    artist/album/CD2
            artist/album/CD2/folder.jpg   <-------Disk2 art -------wrongly taken as album art
            artist/album/CD2/track01.mp3

Once my work PR13769 is merged not only will you see the correct artist and album art, but the art in the disc subfolders will also be used. Providing that all the music files in a subfolder are tagged with the same DISCNUMBER/TPOS, they all have the same embedded art (or none), and same album of course, then art from that subfolder will be used when those songs are listed or play.

Remember actual names of folders is irrelevent, it is the content and tagging that counts!!

Once I have a test build up I will probably start a new thread about disc set art to encourage some testing.

EDIT: A win64 Test build here 20180415-bc197eda-PR13769 if you would like to try it @Powerhouse. Let me know if you need a build for different platform
Pages: 1 2