Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: lack of sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I found the solution without the need to factory default. The problem is part of the insider program updates, but it will be part of the April's official update if you don't do this trick. It's all because of a new feature to set the background music volume independent of the apps.

Now the solution: Start Kodi app and then push Guide button. You'll see the recent app list. Put over on Kodi app and then press A button to enter. You'll see now a "media player?" with the play and back/forward buttons. At the bottom a slide bar with a controller icon on the left and a musical note icon on the right. Slide the bar all to the right (musical note icon) and then back to kodi app. Play some video/audio and the sound is back!

That's all!

Sorry for my English, cheers from Catalonia!
Great catch! Thanks.
(2018-04-28, 08:11)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]Great catch! Thanks.
 You're welcome!
(2018-04-28, 07:58)Agaroth Wrote: [ -> ]I found the solution without the need to factory default. The problem is part of the insider program updates, but it will be part of the April's official update if you don't do this trick. It's all because of a new feature to set the background music volume independent of the apps.

Now the solution: Start Kodi app and then push Guide button. You'll see the recent app list. Put over on Kodi app and then press A button to enter. You'll see now a "media player?" with the play and back/forward buttons. At the bottom a slide bar with a controller icon on the left and a musical note icon on the right. Slide the bar all to the right (musical note icon) and then back to kodi app. Play some video/audio and the sound is back!

That's all!

Sorry for my English, cheers from Catalonia!

top man turns out the independent audio mixer was to blame pressing the guide button then pressing a on kodi and moving the slider to the right fixed it right up 😊
Pages: 1 2 3 4