Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android TV bug - Network shares in kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A bug I have been having is in kodi I will randomly lose the ability to access my network shares "connection time out". Even though I could view my network shares perfectly fine earlier.

I am using Nexbox A95X with kodi 17.6 and Android 5.1.1

Any help would be much appreciated!
(2018-03-10, 05:59)Likea Boss Wrote: [ -> ]A bug I have been having is in kodi I will randomly lose the ability to access my network shares "connection time out". Even though I could view my network shares perfectly fine earlier.

I am using Nexbox A95X with kodi 17.6 and Android 5.1.1

Any help would be much appreciated!
You are not alone, I have this issue for years. Some times, just restarting Kodi will get smb access back again, but some times need reboot the device.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
@xodi  Good news is I found this regedit fix for android that seems like it's fixed it https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1615607

try it out. Hope it fixes it for you too. Will report back here if it comes back
(2018-03-10, 07:20)Likea Boss Wrote: [ -> ]@xodi  Good news is I found this regedit fix for android that seems like it's fixed it https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1615607

try it out. Hope it fixes it for you too. Will report back here if it comes back
 My SMB server is not running Windows. It doesn't occur that often, so I kind of ignore them.
Did you add your share with an ip or through smb browser? IMO you should always add the ip for the network share. I have had no issues on shield tv when adding the ip in the whole time i have had my shield.
ya I always share with ip and save the source file and copy it any time I need to reinstall kodi. That's how I know my sources are always correct
Network problems are generally due to the operating system or network infrastructure rather than kodi itself.