Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to install add-on for video streaming from Github?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new here so if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it.

I want to install SVT play addon (https://github.com/nilzen/xbmc-svtplay) for Melodifestivalen tonight but I'm trying to install it on a remote box connected to my TV, and the source is hosted in Github, so I don't know what to type in for the source. If someone could help me out it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
On the upper right hand side of the page on your link you can see a green "clone or download" button. Click that and then select download zip. Save that zip file and then if necessary transfer it to your kodi device.

Then open Kodi, go to addons and install from zip. Point it at the zip file and the add-on should install.

However there is an svt play addon in the official repo (the one built into kodi) which may be a better source for it unless you specifically need that Github version. If not then select install from repo, the official repo and you can then find it under video addons.