Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi freezes when loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
its really annoying not sure how too fix it
Any micro SD card installed that could be removed?

Could you get the debug log (wiki)?
no micro sd card i did have a usb stick in but removed it as thought that could of been afecting it
The problem here is that if Kodi is not loading, and the OP is getting the message "waiting for external storage device" there may be no Debug log that they can get. 

I haven't personally run into this, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is happening on the first run, and probably means that Kodi is not able to write to /sdcard/Android/data/.  If that's the case then you'll need to provide a logcat.

But baring that ES File Explorer isn't installed and no external storage devices are connected, it's most likely a permissions issue.
i dont suppose the issue could be because theres no sd card in sorry if its a strupid question
Did you have a SDcard inserted before?

It really should make no difference unless there is an issue where you have had external storage and it still thinks it's mounted or supposed to be mounted.

Your best bet is to a factory reset and see if you are still having the issue after.
no i dont have a sd card really just guessing really  not  sure how too fix ti or where too begin
Have you tried removing Kodi completely and try to reinstall?
i try removing and see if that   works   thanks for ur   helps
still did not work i think im going reurn item and just start again with a diffent media device
And as I stated above, try preforming a Factory Reset on your device
did that still no luck i think im going just give up on the nexbox start again thinking of getting this   do u think its a decent device

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingbox-Android...oid+tv+box
I know nothing about that box other than it's just another in a long list of generic Android boxes.

If you're going to buy a new box you should read through the Start here thread.

If you're going with Android I would only recommend the Shield TV or if you're on a budget the Xioami Mi Box.
Hi!

I also have kodi freezing at start. I don't know from where is it in this state, since I use to use the box with other apps. But I tried today to use kodi and it shows the splash image and then a black screen.

I am using an android box in wich it is pre-installed. I don't know the version. I have resetted the box to original state and it worked again but, after installing a few apps from google play (wich includes updates for chrome, youtube and maybe some google service), kodi freezed again.

I have a SD card on the box but I can't remove it (the device does not have a spring to eject the card, and it is inserted tight).

When you speak of turning on debug, did you mean turning debug of android on, or turning debug of kodi on? my kodi freezes on start, so I can't access their menus.

N.B. first time it hanged it had many addons, but last time it hanged, it had no addons. Also, I cleared the app data, it should remove any addon, shouldn't it?
In the android about box I found I was using an unofficial distro from a now-defunct web. I tried installing official distro and it worked again.
I use kodi to watch legal ip tv, so having an official distro is better.
Pages: 1 2