Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi freezes when loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi there on my android box i load kodi up it says conecting with exturnal device and just never loads its so annoying can anyone help im new too this and not good at this sort of thing
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
sorry i dont understand sorry if i posted wrong
When it runs Kodi generates a log, whose content will help us work out what is going on. Details of how to get it are in the link in the post above.

Do you have any USB devices connected to your box? If so what happens if you unplug them before booting up?
ok thanks i try unpluging the device first see if that helps
i tried unplugging the usb first still no luck still just staying on the kodi 17.6 welcome menu and says waiting for exturning storage can anyone help im not good at this sort of thing
as you posted in the other thread as well, could it be possible that you might have ES File Explorer installed?

And if so, please remove that app. Then try again, please
I think I have the same problem since this afternoon. Kodi shows just a black screen. In the log file just 3 lines:

Error: CProfileManager: error loading special://masterprofile/profile.xml, Line 0
NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
DEBUG: Thread CWinEventAndroid 18446744072238926112 terminating
there was a file explore there when i  bought it so do i just remove it do you think that should fix the problem
done that but it still  freezes on the kodi kyrpton welcome page and says waiting for exturnal device
(2018-03-11, 21:19)bluwayfan1986 Wrote: [ -> ]there was a file explore there when i  bought it

I didn't say "a file explorer" Wink

I'm talking about a specific one. Its name is "ES File Explorer". Please check if that one is installed and if so, remove it. If not, then there's nothing to remove.
yeah the es file explorer but still happens not sure how too fix it
Are you able to open kodi or not?
when i go too open it still stays on the kodi krypton 17.6 page and says waiting for exturnal storeage but never moves
Ah it looks different. I am using kodi leia 18 and suddenly has stopped working but in my case I get a block screen. It is weird because I did not update anything
Pages: 1 2