Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Split content across two (or more) servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couldn't really find an appropriate sub-forum for this question, so apologies if it's wrong.

Current setup:

PC running LibreELEC

TV server (Freewill) xxx.xxx.x.185 - no open slots
Movie server (Limelight) xxx.xxx.x.175 - one open slot 
Torrents and backup server (Subdivisions) xxx.xxx.x.195 - 13 open slots

All servers are running unRAID with 3TB as the maximum size disks.

As slowly as we watch content, I'm running out of space. Torrents have become less and less important to me, so the plan would be to delete a bunch of the old ones to create more room on Subdivisions. I'm not ready to increase the size of the parity disks which would allow me to increase the size of the data disks, thereby creating more free space as older smaller disks are replaced.

Freewill and Limelight have shares at the root level called TV and Movies, respectively.

Is it possible to instruct Kodi to look at two IP addresses for the same type of content?
Yup.  Just add another source of the appropriate type (TV Shows, Movies, Music) and then have it scan.  I do this right now.  I have two different TV Show sources (local content and DVR content), two Movie sources (again local and DVR), and one Music source.
You can add multiple file sources for a single video source, be it movies, music videos or tv shows.