Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How can I add more addon shortcuts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I wonder is there any way by modding a file to have more than the 5 shortcuts to the home screen?
I configured Confluence to my dad and and the limit of just 5 shortcuts as the video submenu isn't enough. how I cen get 8 ? (or more.. on a 16:9 screen)
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Confluence...eo_Submenu

Thank you.
Use Xonfluence instead: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...xonfluence

And/or use SuperFavourites, put a folder on the Home Screen, and out more shortcuts inside there. You can build your own menus like this.
Thank you, I looked at xonfluence  few weeks ago, but it's too complex for the other small modes I did to Confluence and couldn't find were to tweak them there.
and the whole layout is too flashy.
I looked also on SuperFavourites but I couldn't get the grip on using it properly and EZ . I'm still stuck with it (on my own device) as if I remove it I'm loosing access to the standard content menu on my 17.6 android K1 players. And I don't want to reinstall all... (yet)

Why should it be that difficult to tweak the shortcuts form 5 to any...? 16:9 screen has the real estate.
I just found and D/L skin.confluence.1080-3.0.63, It has 7 shortcuts, I will try it later on this week
While 7 isn't 8 ... it's still nice improvement Nod

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenEL...3.0.63.zip
Edit the xmi files,l use Notepad ++

IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml:
Copy line 349 to 354.*HomeVideosButton1*
Then click your cursor on line 382 next to  </item> *HomeVideosButton5*
Press enter to drop onto line 383 and then paste.
Repeat as many times as you want to.
Then change the number as you go 6,7,8 etc.
And save it..

Second step you need to do to make this work is: 
SkinSettings.xml:
Copy line 664 to 675.*HomeVideosButton1*
Then click your cursor on line 723 next to </control> *HomeVideosButton5*
Press enter to drop onto line 724 and then paste.
Repeat as many times as you want to.
Then change the number as you go 6,7,8 etc.
And save it..

Make sure to change the <control type="button" id="415"> number as you go
*id 415 being Button5* so id 416 will be Button6.

This is using Confluence 17.6...
Thank you strikeron1  !!
My lines locations were different but no problem to find.
one more tweak is needed in line     <label>$LOCALIZE[24000] X</label>    (after the id)  to the correct number in the SkinSettings.xml .
I did 8, but now I needs to scroll right to revel, so I think it's better to make the buttons smaller by 10%

**I manged to edit the sizes but still I have large gaps and the first button doesn't justify to the left so not all 8 are shown
*** after more tries, I manged to get all the 8 in and no scroll at all,  by edit the includes.xml
Job done, thank you strikeron
ImageImageImage
Good to see youve got thiings sorted out.Do you remember which Line,or area you edited in the lnclude xml.
l would like to play around with resizing the addons as well please...

Thank you.
The whole section is <include name="HomeAddonsCommonLayout">
 it's at line ~946

I shrinked all to 150X100 from 180X120
lifted the labels to 110 from 125
and few others.
edit in my Android player so I don't have it all now.

**Long time ago I edit <bordersize>3</bordersize> to <bordersize>12</bordersize> at line ~1016 in order to get better view of the selected addon.
and also it's png.
l just realised your on a different device l am using a laptop,hence different lines.
lve got to tweak mine a bit more to get all 8 shortcuts into view like you have.
Thank you for the heads up.

Nice,
If you want to better emphasize the selected addon
change <bordertexture border="5">folder-focus.png</bordertexture>
into <bordertexture border="0">button-focus2.png</bordertexture>
in the same segment were you increased the border size.

To stop scrolling I tweaked
<scrolltime>300</scrolltime>
<focusposition>3</focusposition>
 <movement>2</movement>

into
<scrolltime>100</scrolltime>
  <focusposition>1</focusposition>
<movement>9</movement>
Cheers,lm slowly getting there lve got all 8 together but lm stuck on stopping the shortcuts rolling backwards and forwards lol

*oops l just read your post properly,excellent l'll get right onto it,thanks bro.
asik1 , tx for the above it answered my post about how to change the focus/highlight on home add ons , cheers.
Good,
So maybe the next step would be to get addon shortcut in the live TV section.
(Conflunce1080 has it)
btw , have you any idea on this ? 
I want to change the highlight colour and text colour , when i focus on a movie/tv show widget from the default blue  , have changed virtually everything else , but stuck on this ? 
soo pic .
http://i.imgur.com/Kr2LKGB.png
sorted above , found xml. files.
Pages: 1 2